Blue Hawaii Special Edition

pabbi1

26 minutes ago, Craig Sawyers said:

Yes that is what I meant.

Oh, yeah. Right. I recall that in some thread (DIY?) on this forum, the guys encountered something similar. Many thanks! I'll check it out!

That said, of course, if Justin shares his thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

42 minutes ago, spritzer said:

Unplug the headphone when they noise is present and don't touch the pins... is the noise still there?  It does sound a lot like the drivers are damaged in the headphones. 

spritzer, thank you for your participation!

The hissing comes regardless of whether the headphones are plugged in or not.  There was no hissing at one time (e.g. yesterday), and then again today. That is, the issue occurs often, but not always.

The hissing is definitely coming from the amplifier. Not from the headphones.

Obviously, I need to open the bottom cover of the amplifier and take a look with my own eyes. I'm just trying to gather more information now about what I should pay attention to.

• 3 months later...

I am now in my fourth month of using the amp. The hissing went away 2 weeks ago. All by itself. Completely. Either the warming up was completed, or a miracle happened. Don't know. But I'm glad :)

• Like 1