Microsoft Surface Pro WTF

• 3 weeks later...

To be even odder I just called Microsoft to get my replacement and pulled out my Surface and the trackpad appears to have healed itself during my flight back from Barbados (I'm guessing on one of the flights). On hold with them to see if they will now replace it but I am doubtful. At least if if happens again I'll have a shortcut to replacement I guess. Edit: as expected no replacement for now.

Edited by Dreadhead

• 3 weeks later...

The Fujitsu Q704 is finally available for purchase in the US.  I am thinking of getting this over the Surface Pro 2.  Fujitsu computers aren't the cheapest but they've been building tablets for a while and know what they are doing.  A friend of mine (in the next office over) has a Surface Pro 2 and he is finding a lot of small annoying issues with the Surface Pro 2 especially involving the Type keyboard 2 and pen.   I also like the idea of having a 12" screen for notes and drawings. 

http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/computing/pc/notebooks-tablets/superior/stylistic-q704/

Edited by shellylh

• 3 weeks later...

I still love it but I am looking forward to the firmware update fix in a few days because I'm tired of having to hibernate. I'm glad I got it and I would do it again. After some further reading it appears that Intel probably cut them a better deal so they went with a higher processor and kept the price the same for future purchasers, sucks for me a bit but when I bought it I knew what I was getting. This happens all the time in consumer electronics.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Very happy with my Surface Pro 3 it's an excellent device.  I did have to replace the type cover twice before getting one that worked fully but Best Buy was good about that (very surprising).  They did do a really nice job on the fan design, I don't hear it at all doing general computing like e-mail, web browsing, and even video playback.  Anything really intensive and the fan does become audible though it's still quiet.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

So I've been playing with a Surface Pro 3 all week and I have to say, generally I'm very impressed.  Windows 10 is way less awful than expected and the Surface itself is pretty awesome.  I haven't reached for my iPad once.  The real test will be upcoming travel where the plan is to only take the surface with me and see if I can survive a short trip.  I think for content consumption it's more than adequate and the typecover is something I'd tried to implement on tablets before with terrible results.  Granted, it's not a perfect solution but my #1 surprise is how much I like the hybrid experience of browsing with a touch screen but still having a trackpad for other things.

Based on this I'll be eyeing the release of the rumored Surface 5 with interest.

• Like 2

I'm digging my Surface 4 so far.  It has some issues from time to time but nothing I can't deal with.  The keyboard works well. When I am using it, I tend to use the trackpad instead of the touchscreen.  Just habit I guess.  Way better in my office than my 5.5 year old MBA but that is to be expected.  I'm glad I opted for 16 gb and 512 drive. 

• Like 3