My PSU is causing panic reboots.

I have a Sesonic X750 GOLD 750W PSU that I purchased from NewEgg exactly 2 years ago tomorrow. It stayed in its box until I finally in late 2013. My motherboard is an Asus Sabertooth Z87. Six times over as many days, I've had a panic reboot with the BIOS reporting an error message that the system had automatically restarted because excessively high voltage coming from the PSU. It then prompts me to go in to BIOS and make any necessary changes. I have not made any changes as I don't know what is wrong. These reboots have happened in groups. Usually two within a short period of time, and then none for a few days.

A week ago I had a 2 minute power outage that happened while my machine was on. I don't have a UPS, but I do have a whole house surge protector (with a clamping voltage of ~300V IIRC) as well as a reasonably high end ($150-ish) surge suppressor/power strip that feeds my computer. Neither of these units tripped when the power came back on, and no other electronics in the house are exhibiting and ill effects. These panic reboots began after that power outage, but I am not sure if they are related. The only other major event that transpired in the same week is that I took my case apart and blew the dust out with a Data Vac electric duster.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing? Is there an easy way to test of the PSU is outputting excessively high voltage levels? I know there are standalone PSU testers, but I don't have access to one.

My motherboard BIOS haas an option to disable the under/over voltage alarm function. I have not done so yet, but I have considered it. Is that a really bad idea?

I need to find a solution to this issue soon, these panic reboots are making it impossible to do much with my machine.