Living Room HT Ideas

Aura

Once we get into the new home, I'm officially separating the current speaker rig from the living room TV. I'll need some semi-decent audio solution that meets the following:

1. Either sits completely on a slim shelf or has as small a footprint as possible
  2. < $1,000, all-in. This includes any necessary amplification or other source-related stuff to get to the end of the signal.
  3. Mostly midrange-centric. I don't need a lot of bass... actually less may be preferred. No intention of adding a subwoofer. 

Interested in a variety of options. Anyone have great success with a soundbar? How about on-wall? (though I don't really care to mess with proper cable management and route into the wall) I could probably do monitors... Emotiva's actives are of high-interest but I really need to keep the size limited and the stands' footprint tiny. 

Whatcha think?

I have a Vizio 54inch 3 channel soundbar pretty cheap(forsale if anyone interested) not bad but moved up to A martin logan Vision X soundbar ,$1695. But i bought one on audiogon for $799,I have seen them for around 1k new.Very Clean sounding with good bass,low level listening excallant,Can add a wired or wireless sub later if you want,

It will not give you the false surround sound of the yamaha,(You need sidewall reflections for the Yamaha to  work)but music & voice are top notch It is a big soundbar size wise not thin ,I had to upgrade the firmware ,only downside no HDMi,I run optical ,Wall mounted under My ZT65/60 Panasonic plasma 

I am very happy with it.

Edited by bozebuttons