The analog thread.

Hopstretch

On 12/27/2023 at 9:46 PM, luvdunhill said:

Cool. I got my son an Audio-Technica Sound Burger. It was a hit.

Saw a teardown of one of these and honestly think it looks great. I don't need one but I'm pleasantly surprised to see AT put more effort than they needed to into making this a quality product at a decent price point. For most young people getting into vinyl I honestly think the new Sound Burger might be the best choice on the market due to built in bluetooth/preamp and the easy setup without fussing with cart tracking/alignment/tonearm height etc. Certainly miles better than any of the usual big box/department store options and more straightforward than the AT-LP60X. Not to mention more fun.

23 hours ago, Grahame said:

Seems like every record store I've walked into recently has had at least one young person in there looking for T Swift.

Edited by revolink24
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/mar/29/billie-eilish-criticises-musicians-for-releasing-multiple-vinyl-variants-i-cant-even-express-how-wasteful-it-is 

"The Rolling Stones released at least 43 variants of their 2023 album Hackney Diamonds with different coloured LPs and different artwork – although each version contained the same track list."

Source: https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/billie-eilish-sustainability-eco-friendly-initiatives-mom-1235642455/