What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

A few really nice records worth buying, at least the vinyl versions, haven't heard them on CD.

Daniel Lanois "shine" and "Acadie"

Also I have picked up five LPs on the Pure Pleasure label, They are all insanely good as far as recording quality and are super quiet.

Bobbie Gentry "Ode to Billie Joe"

Junior Wells "Pleading the Blues"

Junior Wells and Buddy Guy "Going Back to Acoustic"

Keb Mo "Suitcase"

Jimmy Witherspoon "Spoons Life" 

Also have an Al Green on backorder. Hope its up to the same level as the others. I'm going to start chipping away at there catalog of soul & blues.   

(edit, added an LP I forgot) 

Edited by tom_hankins
  • Like 1

The Joshua Tree came out at exactly the right time -- I was 17 and stuck at an all-male boarding school in the middle of nowhere, with nothing to do but play rugby and take cold showers -- so that's the one that's really stuck with me. 

(Have also got a weird soft spot for Zooropa as it was one of the only cassettes in the fucked-up VW van that I drove around Europe with a couple of university mates in the summer of 1993. Got us from San Fermin all the way to the Oktoberfest, although Daddy did not (in fact) pay for our crashed car when we hit a goat, then a tree, in the Algarve.)

Oops! Listening to Dinosaur Jr. -- Without A Sound

1035x1035-dinosaurjr-1800-1397060785.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hopstretch said:

The Joshua Tree came out at exactly the right time -- I was 17 and stuck at an all-male boarding school in the middle of nowhere, with nothing to do but play rugby and take cold showers -- so that's the one that's really stuck with me. 

(Have also got a weird soft spot for Zooropa as it was one of the only cassettes in the fucked-up VW van that I drove around Europe with a couple of university mates in the summer of 1993. Got us from San Fermin all the way to the Oktoberfest, although Daddy did not (in fact) pay for our crashed car when we hit a goat, then a tree, in the Algarve.)

Oops! Listening to Dinosaur Jr. -- Without A Sound

Okay, yeah, Joshua Tree, too, forgot about that one.  Unforgettable Fire as well.