And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I didn't think you would buy it popped into my head immediately because he borrowed it for one day over a year ago. 😆

Just noticed that this is page @909 in this thread.

Edit:  Actually it became one after 909 with my post. Not planned but funny anyway.

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

PXL_20240327_230859979.jpg

So after many weeks of diagnostics and several trips to several part stores, my truck is finally producing an acceptable amount of voltage. It settled out after this photo and running the truck for about 35 minutes to about 14.2 volts. I am happy with that.

It started with me hooking up the fifth wheel, about to make a short trip and noticed that I was no longer producing electricity. I proceeded to check things out and then replaced the alternator. This of course did not fix the issue. As it turns out, all the voltage regulation is run through the computer. I tried to buy a new one of those which would have cost me $500 but nobody had them or would sell me one.

So I finally decided to go completely DYI and externalize the voltage regulator to its own device. I got that all hooked up and I was getting too many pixies with it, around 15.7 volts. I didn't want to just boil my batteries to nothing. So after running a separate power lead and doing some additional rewiring, none of which I am very proud of and will not take a photo of, I got it all back together and working "properly”. I can at least move on to other projects now.

• Like 8

One of my past customers, who has become a friend, owns a bookstore in the City, near the ocean. She called me this morning to tell me that her reader is sick, and ask me if I could fill in. I had expressed my desire to do so a few years back, while I was remodeling the bookstore. I got here a little while ago. Early, because she has a coffee shop in the bookstore,  and the coffee is phenomenal. As I was catching up with her and the employees about 75 kids have come in and settled in the big back yard. I'm really excited, but also pretty nervous. I don't know the material at all. But they're kids. I could screw up pretty bad, and still fake my way through it, hopefully!

OK, I'm up in 8 minutes. Wish me luck!

Oh, and Maki is here keeping all of them occupied and having the time of her life!

Edited by swt61
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

So that was absolutely awesome! One of the most enjoyable things I've ever done.

The kids were a fantastic audience. Many of them almost mesmerized. Just looking out at the looks on their adorable little faces as I dramatized and accentuated the presentation, was incredibly rewarding. Almost a kind of high. This could be an addictive experience. Another surprise was how many parents sat and listened, instead of browsing the store. Many of which took the time to thank and compliment me on my presentation. 

This experience has had me wondering about giving up on my first career choice. Teaching was what I originally planned as my career. I did get my BA degree, minoring in child psychology and majoring in education. But after some experience as a substitute teacher, decided against that.

I probably made the right decision for myself, as I can't imagine a career not building beautiful things. And I don't imagine that teaching would always be as rewarding an experience as what I encountered today.

This is definitely something that I want to continue with, especially after retiring. I kind of feel like I'm coming down from a euphoric high. So much fun!

I ended up reading two books, with a short intermission in between.

91L3pSZbwsL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Both around 40 pages, with the second being a very quick read.

71CD1e9uraL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by swt61
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, swt61 said:

So that was absolutely awesome! One of the most enjoyable things I've ever done.

The kids were a fantastic audience. Many of them almost mesmerized. Just looking out at the looks on their adorable little faces as I dramatized and accentuated the presentation, was incredibly rewarding. Almost a kind of high. This could be an addictive experience. Another surprise was how many parents sat and listened, instead of browsing the store. Many of which took the time to thank and compliment me on my presentation. 

This experience has had me wondering about giving up on my first career choice. Teaching was what I originally planned as my career. I did get my BA degree, minoring in child psychology and majoring in education. But after some experience as a substitute teacher, decided against that.

I probably made the right decision for myself, as I can't imagine a career not building beautiful things. And I don't imagine that teaching would always be as rewarding an experience as what I encountered today.

This is definitely something that I want to continue with, especially after retiring. I kind of feel like I'm coming down from a euphoric high. So much fun!

I ended up reading two books, with a short intermission in between.

91L3pSZbwsL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Both around 40 pages, with the second being a very quick read.

71CD1e9uraL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Queens and their story times... SMH.

;) Glad you had a good time! Didn't know about the educational dreams at one point! Though, I do think it'd be funny if you became a lawyer in retirement.

Had a phenomenal Easter at the Bedecarre compound.

Maki did really well around all the kids and adults. And of course she roughhoused with her boyfriend Wall-E all day and night.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, n_maher said:

Don't mind, may or may not get you anything as I know the engineering side of the house, but not the sales.

It was transparently snarky.  Let's see if I remember it verbatim.  "Tell Ethan Nate says hi.  Not really, I'm just dropping his name.  (But I do really know him.)

Honey Badger => Sugar Weasel => Agave Opossum?"

It got me a quality 13" Sugar Weasel upper in 300 Blackout and that's good enough for me. 

It really looks like an SBR now.

Thunder Chicken is on layaway, will start the process tomorrow.

Unrelated:  I got new wheels for my car -- Sparco All-Terrain Gravels.  Looking at (super cheap) properties that only have dirt and gravel road access.

Also:  not in Warren fucking "Let's Go Brandon" territory County.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Augsburger said:

Keeping a sex slave seems to require more work than one would think. This is why I keep wine in my dungeon.

It's actually a small outside closet. Maybe 3' deep. They call it a root seller, though It's above ground. 

It posed a few challenges. The hinges had to be attached directly to the rock/concrete. But I have a demo hammer/concrete drill. We manged to fit the gate/door within a couple of millimeters. I of course made Al go inside to attach the screws from the hinges into the frame of the door. He loves spiders!

Edited by swt61
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1