How do you get rid of Noisy Frogs?

Jon L

There is an abandoned house next door that's in foreclosure. People moved out, and there is an unfinished pool in backyard, a large dig but without any concrete. After the recent rains, the hole is now full of water, apparently rife with numerous frogs. There's a dirt yard with wild bushes everywhere also.

There is VERY loud frog noise intermittently throughtout day and night at all hours. Called HOA, who said they can't do anything as they can't enter the property. They (and I) called "Vector control," who do not deal with frogs but will come out "in few business days" to take a look for mosquitos.

In the meanwhile, I got zero hours of sleep last night due to the frog noise, despite ear plugs. The gate to this house's backyard is open.

WHAT can I spray/dump/deploy so I can sleep tonight? On-line search seems to suggest things like salt, bleach, citric acid, but we're talking about a large pool of water and back yard.

On the bright side, the frogs will take care of any potential mosquito problem, and you should be much more concerned about the health risks surrounding mosquitos than the noise the frogs make. I know, that's easy for me to say, etc., and I don't mean to belittle your problem, I just wanted to warn you that you may not want to take care of the frog problem while inadvertantly exacerbating the mosquito problem. You need to fill the pool. So: dirt. Lots of it. Nothing fancy, but not pure clay neither.

Go with the snakes. It is a garden after all. Afterwards, all you need is St. Patrick, who only appears after drinking enough booze. You'll sleep well whether he appears or not.

I would have said to eat the froggies, but they are probably frog niblet sized at the moment.

Edited by manaox2

Not a lot you can do. My last house had a pond with a small waterfall. Frogs loved it. Even when I camped out 15 feet away to try and grab a few for "transport" they would remain completely silent. WIth one foot inside my back door...braap, back they came. Just remember that their mating noises are seasonal. (all I can think of at this point is the Far Side panel with the frog translation of "hey baby, hey baby.")

For noise suppression, you could add a fan or white noise generator to your room which does a pretty good job. That and the ear plugs.

Frogs have not done well since the introduction of the contraceptive pill.

Women who take the pill have high levels of estrogen in their urine, which gets into the waterways and turns male frogs female.

Sounds like these boys have found a haven for frog masculinity. Let them have some fun first before you exterminate them.