All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Whitigir

The Headcase Stax thread

I still don’t understand how to remove dirt if I had a stand ?
  3. Today
  4. kevin gilmore

krell ksa5 klone

It really depends on which resistors were changed. If they gave you a schematic, please post it.
  5. davve31

krell ksa5 klone

My apology then for using the krell thread. I have read the thread and was just wondering if there been some changes. Cause 10k or 1k input for the op27 is some diffrence. Perhaps i like to solder?
  6. MexicanDragon

What are you EATING right now?

Picnic in the park with the Ginger Avenger KFC catered with Diet Mtn Dew and a now-almost-empty Stanley flask pairing Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
  7. HemiSam

RIP some fuck or another

Some serious talent electing to leave us for a better place or something.... RIP, Anthony and Kate. Mr. Matt....jam on sir. This place will be less interesting without all of you. HS
  8. Pars

krell ksa5 klone

I guess I get the allure of kits from ebay for the cheap prices, assuming the components are a) genuine, and b) decent quality. However, buying a kit and then coming on here without apparently doing a modicum of research first is very bad form. The links to Kevin's board files and schematics/other files are here, but might require a bit of digging. Since that vendor supplies both kits and built units (for a whopping $10 more), one might assume that they build with the same parts as they supply in the kit, and it might not matter whether you use a 1K or 10K resistor in the 2 spots. If you're worried about it, then use some 1K for those two positions. But otherwise, the appropriate head-case response is...
  9. Yesterday
  10. Craig Sawyers

The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

I think it needs some new kind of "like". Something that both appreciates the piss take on DT, despair at the weird shit the guy says, worry about what might happen under his administration, and anger. Kind of this, I guess https://media3.giphy.com/media/rE4Nl0NhfY9Qk/200w.webp
  11. kevin gilmore

krell ksa5 klone

Yes that is one of my layouts, not in a position to look up schematic/board at the moment.
  12. davve31

krell ksa5 klone

I bought my kit from the link below, it is your version? But i was wondering, on the board it says 2x 10k ohms resistors and 2x 1k ohm resistors. But i got 4x 10k ohm resistors. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-supply-board-for-KG-version-KSA5-headphone-amp-PSU-DIY-kit-and-finished/122365758658?hash=item1c7d914cc2:m:mfcUM96JgKu8Wbo08L6PZFw
  13. mikeymad

RIP some fuck or another

RIP Matt
  14. guzziguy

RIP some fuck or another

RIP Matt "Guitar" Murphy
  15. Dusty Chalk

Sounds like, 'confused' would be appropriate. I've used 'confused' before to mean, "I have no idea how I feel about that".
  16. Craig Sawyers

I don't remotely know what sort of emoticon to leave for that spooky and frighting vocoded Trump. Like, sad, confused, ha ha. It could be either of those. But not congratulations Mr T, definitely not.
  17. Voltron

RIP some fuck or another

Oh damn. I guess Jake is trying to get the band back together again. RIP MGM
  18. spritzer

3D Headphones Startup Shutters

Kickstarter has made some moves to try and curb this as they demand functioning prototypes but it is in no way a sure thing. Indigogo is just the home of scammers with too many to list.
  19. kevin gilmore

and now for something completely different part 3

In balanced mode the output current capability can blow the protection circuit of the esl63 if you attempt to play it to loud. other than that, it should sound wonderful.
  20. Dusty Chalk

RIP some fuck or another

Blues guitarist Matt Guitar Murphy, Played with all the blues greats and was the guitar player in the Blues Brothers band
  21. justin

i'm sure kickstarter and other similar crowd funding sites could offer a 3rd party insurance to buyers?
  22. lkong

Planning to use the amp to drive my Quad ESL 63. Somewhere there might be a pair of Magnepan 3.7 with my name on it, but that's down the road.
  23. wink

Possibly........
  24. congo5

Yea OK thanks, enough amps to kill the cheep bridges I was trying to use I forget things that don't come up, but hey I'm OLD
  1. Load more activity