All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. skullguise

2019 NHL Playoffs

Some folks arguing that shouldn't have been a 5-minute major. It was a VERY hard push, though, and then the second player also contributed to Pavelski nearly flipping over and landing awkwardly. I've read that the refs didn't even have their arms up initially. This may be the case of handing out punishment after seeing the injury. It could have been a 5-minute, or even a 2-minute penalty. It is what it is, though. And for Vegas to give up 4 goals like that, power play or not, is bad. So congrats to San Jose. Happy for the Bruins, they played a great game seven despite lots of 2nd period push from the Leafs. And I'm SO happy Kadri won't get to play again this year.... Now let's see if the Hurricanes can upset the Caps. Don't think they can, but a lot more surprises have happened this year.....
  3. bozebuttons

2019 NHL Playoffs

2 good game 7s last night the sharks comeback was unbelievable, one thing about hockey its never over till its over!
  4. spritzer

i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

If those resistors blow, there has to be a short in the output stage. See the schematic:
  5. Aura

2019 NHL Playoffs

i fell asleep pretty early on but watched everything this morning on DVR. just nuts, crazy happy for the sharks. SHARK ATTACK
  6. stax lover

Hifiman Jade II

in all fairness I own the jade2 and drive it using my 007Tii and I like it more than stax 407, 307 and its a toss between L300LE and Jade2 But 007 mk2 is the best stat I own
  7. stax lover

The Headcase Stax thread

Greetings, how does stax 407 compare to stax 404 LE sound wise Also is the stax 323s more powerful than 007Tii Any thoughts bout new stax amp D50 is that good to drive 007mk2, I know its not a carbon, I seek to buy a carbon or a KGST soon, just trying to figure out which to buy, if in the future I will add 009S, but in general how would those 3 amps rank ( 007TII, 323s, D50 ) Any mods for stax 407, like changing pads that improves it sound I own stax 307 whose headband I destroyed the yokes parts of them, and now, and the pins of the black yokes/forks are stuck inside the earspeakers, I am trying to get them out, so now I am seeking a new headband or yokes or the forks what ever those black things are called that hold the earspeakers to the headband, Also I own 407, L300LE and stax 007mk2 late 2017 Love them all, but 007 mk2 is my favorite even more so than my Hifiman he1000 SE As for l300 LE I expected better and more bass I like it though, strangely I find the 407 has more bass than the L300LE I do not mind looking into buying Hifiman Shari La JR or Me Speakers Voce, still reading more bout them to decide which is more suitable for me
  8. Whitigir

Hifiman Jade II

Your best respond at the forum where the person you are calling out for is “active” ? I think the word “BS” is an understatement
  9. robm321

2019 NHL Playoffs

That dude with the cheap shot on Pavelski which gave them the 5 minute major where they got the 4 goals in the 3rd. Best Sharks game/series ever.
  10. Voltron

2019 NHL Playoffs

Unfuckingbelievable
  11. Awwww, c'mon kilobuck headphons systems are de rigueur these days. Measurements and performance are minute side issues...... Just ask Dan D'Aostino...........
  12. Voltron

2019 NHL Playoffs

Fucking tied with seconds left after four goals in the third period? Wtf?! Whose karma now?
  13. Mach3

The Headcase Stax thread

Removable cables... Bloody should have been the standardized 20+ years ago after the release of the SR-Omega. It like buying a new cars with no ABS brakes.
  14. robm321

2019 NHL Playoffs

What in THE fuck. Is this Sharks game real? Karma is a bitch.
  15. gepardcv

KGSSHV Carbon Build Thread

I posted a question about this on the advice thread two years ago, and here’s a helpful reply:
  16. Dusty Chalk

And now what did you do TODAY?

My cats are indoor only, too. I laughed because my Bobby did a very similar thing.
  17. MartinC700

Thanks for the info, but surely the pot ground must be connected to ground somewhere otherwise it is just acting as a resistor in series with the input?
  18. gepardcv

Pretty sure you'll have major noise problems with the handwritten scheme. The other scheme is, I believe, @johnwmclean's, and it works in my experience, with just one change: I do not connect the pot grounds to anything. The diagram suggests connecting the pot to the star ground, and I found that causes noise. With regard to split PSU boards: yes, run each one to the star ground. Connect each amp board to whichever PSU board is closer. Also: some XLR sockets have extra pins connected to their bodies specifically to make pin 1 to chassis connections easier. Don't forget to file off anodizing at the star ground, as noted in that diagram. I also file off some anodizing on the (invisible) inside of every panel of the case to improve continuity everywhere, and always double-check continuity between all panels and earth. When you have finished adjusting the amp and like its balance and offset numbers, connect a headphone while not playing any audio. Spin the volume pot. With correct wiring, correct adjustment, and a good volume pot, you should have dead silence across its entire range.
  19. MartinC700

Now at a wiring up stage and one thing confuses me, and that is the grounding scheme. Numerous versions seem to be posted (two examples attached). Using the GRHV boards with the LV supply on one, there will be an additional ground to I presume the star ground. Does anyone have an opinion as the best grounding scheme? Regards
  20. Voltron

2019 NHL Playoffs

The first game seven of the day had turned out nicely, so maybe the next one will too. Go Sharks!
  21. Skooby

Not sure which version of board do you have. I have a set of un-used, un-populated, on-board heat sinks rev. 0.61 amp boards (two) and rev. 0.9 power board. Bought as a spare set for your type of case (so sorry to hear), but the first set worked out fine for me. I have no plan to use this set at all. PM me if you want to rebuild and we can arrange something out (minimal to your favor). (Seeing that you're in Norway ad I'm in the U.S., not sure the shipping cost will kill the whole purpose)
  22. The original ones couldn't be driven above a polite murmur, which is a bit of a design defect in my opinion if you're bundling them with an amp. Price is of course silly.
  23. EdipisReks1

My cats are indoor only (urban area), so that isn't an option. It wouldn't matter anyway: Silver, my more adventurous cat, once snuck behind me out the front door, and immediately turned around to go back into the apartment with a terrified look on her face.
  24. Yesterday
  25. Blueman2

I am with @gepardcv on probable cause. Issues after a week or several months tends to indication bad solder joint that finally fails due to thermal cycling. My KGSSHV Carbon worked fine for about 3 weeks, then the right channel started making big popping sound on turn on/off. Luckily, nothing blew so I just re-flowed the entire board solder by solder. That appeared to fix it and over a year later still running fine.
  26. Craig Sawyers

Good grief - that is real nasty. Our two don't use the litter tray. It is just there for feline emergencies when we are out for the day, and they are in. They far prefer various neighbours' flower and vegetable beds.
  1. Load more activity