All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. HemiSam

Watches

err...in the eyes of the beer holder in my college experience... But I ask that we keep that in the Cone of Silence. HS
  3. Today
  4. Pars

and now for something completely different part 3

UBAL board (unbalanced to balanced) for the front end.
  5. spritzer

Technical Assistance/Advice Thread

I'd start there but it might be a good idea to go even lower.
  6. Craig Sawyers

Terms and Conditions Rants

I couldn't find a thread to post this to, so here's a new thread. So UPS failed to deliver a package yesterday, just before the long Easter weekend - so now I won't get it until Tuesday next week. Bastards. I thought I'd sign up for real time tracking. I'm taken to a page to set up to get this, and find a tick box that says "I confirm that I've been given enough time to read and understand the UPS Technology Agreement" So I thought I'd click the download button to have a look at it. 96 pages. Doing a word count, it is 58,887 words long Which is almost exactly twice the length of the longest Shakespeare play (Hamlet)! That has to be the outer edge of ridiculous, right? How many lawyers does it take to craft a 58,887 word document? Goes without saying that I did not sign up to their "service".....
  7. samsie

and now for something completely different part 3

CFA2 (CFP) - current feedback amp I still cannot figure out how to connect them into balanced version of CFA2 (CFP) - current feedback amp as they are single end type of pcb. I know I need four boards, but how do I connect the negative input rail ? Your help is much appreciated.
  8. spritzer

The Headcase Stax thread

That does look like a nice solution for a detachable cable but they did say somewhere it was the first time... ehhh no... SR-Omega...
  9. struts

Technical Assistance/Advice Thread

Many thanks @spritzer. 1M/5M in the divider would take it down to 483V. Is that the right ballpark or would you take it down even further (this is for a T2)?
  10. Rossliew

Watches

Hahahaha...all very valid points. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and more often than not, there is no logical reason for loving something or someone :p
  11. ALSO

The Headcase Stax thread

New SR-L500MK2 & SR-L700MK2 w/detachable cables in a "high-class" matte black box. SR-L500、L700後継機、SR-L500MK2、L700MK2を6月5日に発売いたします。Λシリーズでは初のケーブル着脱式になります! 又、ケースホルダーがアルミに変更し、さらにSR-L700MK2はケース外観もマットブラックにし、より高級感を出しました。
  12. EdipisReks1

Watches

I did it once, on a bus! It was just to show myself that I could!
  13. SeaWolf

Watches

The whole concept of luxury tool watches is an oxymoron IMO. I don't love them any less. Your not likely to use your chronograph to calculate the speed of a car across a marked mile. Hell I took my dssd diving, it didn't make me less annoyed by it's height. Just because you won't use it for it's designed function doesn't mean you should write off an entire category of watches. You maybe struck by something you were not expecting.
  14. Rossliew

Watches

Fair point that. I don't even swim, much less dive. So a diver on the wrist is kinda ironic. But i like the lume on divers hahaha
  15. EdipisReks1

Watches

Well, depending on the older model, especially older models. I owned a Tudor Big Block. The screw-in pushers were my second-least favorite aspect of that watch. It's not worth the irritation if you aren't gonna take the thing diving. I've never accidentally activated a pusher on a Speedy.
  16. SeaWolf

Watches

Yes the Daytona uses screw in pushers, but there is no value in buying Daytona's. All trade for premium even older models. A two tone with a zenith movement would likely be your cheapest entry point. However your not going to find that in anything other than broken and beat to hell condition for less than 9k US.
  17. Yesterday
  18. Rossliew

Watches

Yes, love the broad arrow hands. That really catches my eye as compared to the pencil hands on the regular Speedies. Note taken. I was impressed that the Tudor BB Chrono has screw-in pushers. Does the Daytona have a similar type as well?
  19. EdipisReks1

Watches

The Speedy '57 is a great looking watch. I don't know if that is a fair price (I haven't been in the Speedy market, lately!), but if it is, I'd go for it.
  20. EdipisReks1

Watches

The big issues is the pusher gaskets. People do take them diving, but accidentally activating the pushers while underwater will let water into the watch.
  21. Rossliew

Watches

Thanks for the pointer there. A FOIS popped up for sale but no cards. Bummer.
  22. mikeymad

The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

I'll leave this here... come for the info - stay for the soundtrack.
  23. mikeymad

What are you EATING right now?

he's back!
  24. SeaWolf

Watches

Speedys are nice, just be aware that most are 50m water resistance. It's splash proof for sure but nothing more than that. If this is a collection of one that should be noted.
  1. Load more activity