Ohrenholz - Custom wood Grado cups

Ohrenholz

Hi everyone - never thought I'd ever become a "trade member" but after getting the DIY bug to cut some Grado cups I realized I could offer them to others as well. For what the lathe and other woodworking have tools have cost me to buy and set up I easily could have picked up an RS-1 or GS-1000, but that wouldn't be any fun, right?

I'm very proud of the pieces I've produced so far, and will have more on the way very soon. For now I'm only making cups for Grado (& Symphones Magnum) drivers but I might include other types in the future.

My work can be seen on the 'products' page at: www.ohrenholz.com

Much thanks!!!

Hi everyone - never thought I'd ever become a "trade member" but after getting the DIY bug to cut some Grado cups I realized I could offer them to others as well. For what the lathe and other woodworking have tools have cost me to buy and set up I easily could have picked up an RS-1 or GS-1000, but that wouldn't be any fun, right?

I'm very proud of the pieces I've produced so far, and will have more on the way very soon. For now I'm only making cups for Grado (& Symphones Magnum) drivers but I might include other types in the future.

My work can be seen on the 'products' page at: www.ohrenholz.com

Much thanks!!!

Gosh, I never thought you would be in the trade, but you're clearly a member.

• Like 1

Just a suggestion that, given how new you are, people might be more willing to send you money if your website provided your physical address and phone number. I would be pretty uncomfortable using your services without a bit more assurance that you're not a scammer.

Or am I missing something?

Edited by acidbasement

SN001 just sold. It wasn't cheap at what I was asking, but I priced that pair like I did because I wasn't sure I even wanted to sell them, that piece of coco was amazing. No two pieces are alike obviously, and it kind of freaked me out when that first pair of cups I milled came out that nice looking.

I'm new to setting up the website and it's clearly not perfect, I'll get the hang of it eventually. Thanks for pointing out that double URL thing - I need to fix that.

And of course I wish I had 20 pairs of cups to list and not just 2 - but this is a side project for me and lathing the cups does take time. Sorry if my lack of inventory was disappointing. But - I'd rather produce a pair or two of cups a week that are really nice than to start cranking out a lot of boring looking stuff.

I will get more stuff in there soon, right now there's just the 2 cups in the photo gallery, one is an RS1 style.

I'll hopefully get a reputation through my forum presence and feedback from customers, not sure I feel it necessary to throw my personal info up on the site just yet. I completely understand if there's apprehension about dealing with somebody who is basically unknown, but once I am contacted about an order I obviously would provide more information as requested, plus I generate an invoice through Paypal (only way I do payment) and my personal info is right there on the invoice - plus I'm verified through Paypal, and have many years of perfect feedback on ebay (user ID is meltdown100). I have solid trader feedback on that other headphone forum as well (same user ID, meltdown100).

Nobody will have a bad experience dealing with me, I'll guarantee satisfaction on whatever I sell or service - that's how I like to be treated whenever I'm a customer and that is how I will treat you. If I end up getting burned at some point by doing business that way, so be it - but nobody will come away from buying something from me unsatisfied. I have a solid full-time job, I'm doing this because it's fun and not because I need the money.

Check back on the website once in a while, I'll hopefully have some interesting things showing up soon.

Thanks Everyone!