Liquid Lightning

seacard

KG and Spritzer,

thank you. respect.

MOT over at HF is very inconsistent. i've noticed that NoNoNoNoNoNo sells for profit under the radar as well.

out of full disclosure, i'm a MOT over there. i alerted Jacob of my MOT status before i made any further posts here. i only build 4-6 amps a year with very little profit, and in a couple of cases, FOC - it's a hobby. i also ask for permission from the designer to build their design at profit. if someone wanted a Dynalo, it would be dependent on KG's blessing.

agree, the M3 was not designed to be SOTA and at a price point.

Which companies, specifically, are shitting on other designs and making personal attacks in a public forum? (Aside from RSA.)

KG and Spritzer have adequately answered my question.

The MOT tag over there is meaningless. And given the shilling and outright deception going on over there, the very few people who maintain a healthy skepticism and an ability to think critically are doing a service to the readers, as moronic as the vast majority of those readers might be.

agreed.

I did get a couple of free french fries from Justin once, but I stole them when he wasn't looking. Even so I've felt the need to shill all of his products since then.

I've gotten pizza from Justin on more than one occasion, so I'm compelled to shill for him too.

I had posted earlier in this thread but decided to delete it upon reflection. However I feel I need to at least make a few comments and clarify some misconceptions being propogated here.

I am not sure where this vehement anatgnoism toward Cavalli stems from? One guess is that a few people feel that he used the DIY community to establish his designs before trying to make a commercial success of these designs. This is far removed from the truth but there are frequent inferences to dishonesty etc I can tell you that Cavalli had no intention of a commercial venture and was finally persuaded by a few people to move in this direction. There is much that can be said but this is neither the time nor place as Cavalli does not frequent this forum and thus has no voice of his own here. ( and for those asking why he does not merely join and have a say, I would ask "would you?" )

To set an immediate misnomer correct - Saachi has been building one of the prototype amps , it is not DIY and he is bound by an NDA not to sell the amplifier. He made a foolish error in judgment posting an image on the LL review thread ( a little fodder for the frenzy ) . I see it has been taken down - this is for the better. I know Cavalli has explicitly asked for any of these builds not to be used at meets etc as he is concerned about this being seen as shilling.

Kevin clarified his position with Justin/Headamp and similarly Cavalli has a few people who have been working with him in various ways. I make no attempt to hide the fact that I have built most all of Cavalli's amps and have developed a keen friendship with him over the past 7 years. It may surprise some people that I had not met Alex personally until I attended RMAF earlier this year. Our relationship is very much a friendship and as such I am privvy to information not freely available to many. I have no financial benefit from this arrangement and have participated in group buys to acquire boards for DIY or make my own boards to test some of the premature designs. I enjoy this and that is more than sufficient for me. NoNoNoNoNoNo has been working with Alex for some time and has similarly participated in some of the process, especially where electrostatics are concerned as I have had little interest in the past.

The EHHA has exceptionally high gain and thus requires high feedback, the Liquid Fire resembles the EHHA only in the fact that it is an embedded design. The circuit is very different from this and has substantially lower gain and thus minimal feedback. People who wish to explore the sonics need to listen to the amp and come to their own conclusions. I would like to see Tyll measurements of amps, it will most likely not make any difference to peoples subjective impressions but a curiosity non the less.

I was recently asked to become part of Cavalli Audio and if I had the time to do so, I would not hesitate for a second to invest myself in Cavalli's venture as I feel he is a talented designer and a true gentelman. As it is , I offer my support to help him make a success, this wish for people to be successful extends to Justin, Donald North, Craig Uthus and yes even Ray. ( edit - you too Doug ) I hope to continue being involved in this hobby for many years, I was disillusioned by high end audio several years ago but headphiles seemed to be different, it seems the same bs is seeping into this arena too.

..dB

Edited by dBel84

I listened to a SOHA1 and Gilmore Lite with another head-fier the other day with the LCD-3 and while both amps sounded good, we preferred the SOHA1. It was just a brief listening session so should be taken with a grain of salt, but I can't help but be pretty skeptical about these fairly extreme statements and accusations being made.

How’s that Bijou of yours, that is a lovely build tongue.png

Thank you. I have been recovering from a serious case of upgradeitus and I have retired my Bijou. It's been boxed for the last 8 months. I have recently put it up for sale but it's doubtful I can get back anything close to the cost of the parts. Either way DIY is a love not a business.

For the record, I am willing to trade french fries for shilling ...

Duck fat french fries?

I actually have heard Doug's stuff, and it really is quite good.

Even if I don't get french fries.

With french fries, it's phenomenal!

Edited by jvlgato