chinese company purchases stax?

cobra_kai

Well my experience with Yama's is nonexistent. I tried contacting them three different times for three different issues by email with absolutely no response. None of them were earth shatteringly important so I did not try any other means of contact. This was I believe between about 2006 and 2008.

Edited by morphsci

With Yama's it's always the same things, they never pick up the phone, even when dealers are trying to order something, they are overpriced to say the least and the repair service is shockingly bad, One amp I saw was as if they didn't even bother to find similar parts, just put anything in there and shipped it out still not working properly.

So many dealers have dropped them. Galen Carol, the dealer I purchased my latest Stax gear from, had to tell me that Yama's had taken his money, promised delivery, and then stiffed him for months. They kept his money and wouldn't respond to inquiries. The product finally arrived and Galen promptly alerted me. I paid him and he shipped it immediately. Next time I checked, he had dropped Stax from his offerings.

Edited by Clarkmc2

Cool. Yesterday morning was interesting. I talked to Todd, Jack Woo, and Tats from Yama.

Not going to spoil the article, but it was enlightening.

I've got a couple questions I could use help with, if you guys don't mind:

Over the last 6 years, has the price of Stax product from US retailers gone down?

Evidently, grey market Stax product has been a problems.

Can any of you point to a store in Japan that might be selling product to US addresses?

Similarly, anyone have any links to stores in Japan Selling Stax that displays prices? I need to see the price of Stax in Japan.

I need a few links to stores in Europe and Far East (other than Japan) on-line stores that sell Stax, I'm trying to get a grip on pricing around the world.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cool. Yesterday morning was interesting. I talked to Todd, Jack Woo, and Tats from Yama.

Not going to spoil the article, but it was enlightening.

I've got a couple questions I could use help with, if you guys don't mind:

Over the last 6 years, has the price of Stax product from US retailers gone down?

Evidently, grey market Stax product has been a problems.

Can any of you point to a store in Japan that might be selling product to US addresses?

Similarly, anyone have any links to stores in Japan Selling Stax that displays prices? I need to see the price of Stax in Japan.

I need a few links to stores in Europe and Far East (other than Japan) on-line stores that sell Stax, I'm trying to get a grip on pricing around the world.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Name: Acoustica

City: Chester

Tel: 01244 344227

www.acoustica.co.uk

Name: Analogue Seduction

City: Peterborough

Tel: 01733 344768

www.analogueseduction.net

Name: Audio Destination

City: Tiverton

Tel: 01884 243584

www.audiodestination.co.uk

Name: Audio Images

City: Lowestoft

Tel: 01502 582853

www.audioimages-hifi.com

Name: Cheshire Audio

City: Crewe

Tel: 01270 589734

www.cheshireaudio.co.uk

Name: Custom cable

City: New Mailden

Tel: 0208 942 9124

www.custom-cable.co.uk

Name: Deco Audio

City: Aylesbury

Tel: 01296 422224

www.decoaudio.com

Name: Doug Brady Hi Fi

City: Warrington

Tel: 01925 828009

www.dougbradyhifi.com

Name: Hi Fi Headphones

City: Lancing

Tel: Phone 01903 768910

www.hifiheadphones.co.uk

Name: High End Cable

City: Spalding

Tel: 01775 761880

www.highendcable.co.uk

Name: Infidelity

City: Kingston Upon Thames

Tel: 0208 943 3530

www.infidelity.co.uk

Name: Moorgate Acoustics

City: Sheffield

Tel: 0114 275 6048

www.moorgate.demon.co.uk

Name: Signals UK Ltd

City: Ipswich

Tel: 01473 655171

www.signals.uk.com

Name: Sound Organisation

City: York

Tel: 01904 627108

www.soundorg.co.uk

Name: Unilet Sound and Vision

City: New Malden

Tel: 0208 942 9567

www.unilet.net

Name: Walrus Systems

City: London

Tel: 0207 724 7224

www.walrus.co.uk

List of Stax dealers for the UK

The main dealer in the UK SimplyStax (akna StereoNow) stopped selling Stax due to problems with grey imports, reliability issues and with sites such as eBay new and secondhand Stax could easily be obtained from the US, Japan and across Europe. However the retail prices charged and secondhand prices in Germany seem to much higher now than in the UK.

Prices in the UK have risen considerably over the past few years but I think this is mostly to do with the exchange rates as the Yen has appreciated with most currencies and the value of the pound has sunk about 20% ranting.gif so even the entry level Stax system equates to $1160.

Edited by complin

I only have some prices quoted by the dealer on some emails:

Stax SR-009+SRM-007tII €5.750 Special santa promotion.

2050II Basic system II € 748,00

3050II Classic system € 1.228,00

4040II Signature system € 1.835,00

006 Limited +404 signature € 3.125,00

007 II €2200

This for Portugal.

I only have some prices quoted by the dealer on some emails:

Stax SR-009+SRM-007tII €5.750 Special santa promotion.

2050II Basic system II € 748,00

3050II Classic system € 1.228,00

4040II Signature system € 1.835,00

006 Limited +404 signature € 3.125,00

007 II €2200

This for Portugal.

Sweet! Thanks mate.

Len Wallis Audio Australia

http://lenwallisaudio.com/products/accessories/headphones

Stax - SR507/SRM600

sr-507-200x117.jpg

Better than speakers.

Stax have released a new Earspeaker – the SR507, and driver unit – the SRM-600 Limited

$3,999 the pair. Was $4,499

Stax - SRS-4040II

SRS4040-2%28200x117%29.jpg

Electrostatic Earspeakers

The famous valve amp drive unit combined with SR404 headset

RRP $3,999

Stax - SRS-3050II

stax_srs3050%28200x117%29.jpg

Electrostatic "Earspeakers"

With Solid-state amplifier

RRP $2,699

Stax - SRS-2050II

SRS-2050A%28200x117%29.jpg

Electrostatic "Earspeakers"

Full size & Affordable

RRP $1,699

Kuboten.com has a link that auto-translates from Rakuten (new) or Yahoo Auctions. Price Japan are about right for Japanese prices though, though retail is obviously higher. I couldn't find prices from Yodobashi online, unfortunately.

Interesting, as I contacted Yamasinc/Accutech recently and couldn't have asked for a more rapid response to a part availability. It was despatched immediately also. They also did the modification of the Sigma to Sigma/404 rapidly and carefully. No complaints here.

Maybe they've realised they can no longer be slack now that it will be readily easy to complain to the new owners about their bad history

Someone told me that the Japan domestic market sold 20X more than the US market.

One wonders how many of the Japan domestic market units actually went elsewhere in the world?

Without any data to back it up--so completely a wild guess-- I'd say than more than 2/3rds go outside. The prices international distributors charge are ridiculous compared to prices in Japan. BTW, it seems that nobody mentioned Audiocubes as seller in Japan shipping outside.

Without any data to back it up--so completely a wild guess-- I'd say than more than 2/3rds go outside. The prices international distributors charge are ridiculous compared to prices in Japan. BTW, it seems that nobody mentioned Audiocubes as seller in Japan shipping outside.

Yes they are good for spares and accessories like new pads, arc assemblies, extension cables etc. If you buy them locally they can be stupid prices. Often its cheaper to buy a secondhand replacement set than the spares to repair your headphone.

Someone told me that the Japan domestic market sold 20X more than the US market.

One wonders how many of the Japan domestic market units actually went elsewhere in the world?

It's enough of a "problem" for Stax to take drastic measures to combat it. Special model numbers for Japan and the Export markets (i.e. the A and II models) and the amps have the 117V windings cut to make conversion tougher.

My O2 are definitely from Japan, cardboard in Japanese and the box says fujiya-avic which is a store in japan I believe.

Yes the prices are ridiculous compared... I'm starting to feel ashamed each time I visit the dealer because, I never buy anything and he is starting to give weird looks but at those prices he will never see me puling my wallet undecided.gif

Edited by Spychedelic Whale

IMHO instead of fucking the consumers, they'd need to protect them by limiting the silly margins their distributors want to charge.

Maybe it's time for the new management to offer Web-direct. Given the fact that they completely gutted out North America's dealers in the

last two years, this would be a good time to offer this for at least this region.