Celebrity Headphone Deathmatch

Tyll Hertsens

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyable reading, thanks for spamming Tyll :) BTW it's Harman group owning AKG, not Harmon, but I've seen this a lot written like Harmon, is there a reason? Perhaps trying to make it a mix of Harman - Kardon? Being it an American company I bet there's a reason for this which I'm missing not living there. Anyway, thanks again, I wish this is for good so young kids can get good sounding cans, and bad sounding headphones manufacturers start making them sounding good.

Enjoyable reading, thanks for spamming Tyll smile.png BTW it's Harman group owning AKG, not Harmon, but I've seen this a lot written like Harmon, is there a reason? Perhaps trying to make it a mix of Harman - Kardon? Being it an American company I bet there's a reason for this which I'm missing not living there. Anyway, thanks again, I wish this is for good so young kids can get good sounding cans, and bad sounding headphones manufacturers start making them sounding good.

Harmon and Harman are homophones for many (particularly American) English speakers, and Harmon is the more common spelling for the surname occupying that pronunciation under said conditions. This is likely why you see it show up so often.

Tyll - Great article! I enjoyed reading it smile.png

Edited by Filburt

Harmon and Harman are homophones for many (particularly American) English speakers, and Harmon is the more common spelling for the surname occupying that pronunciation under said conditions. This is likely why you see it show up so often.

Tyll - Great article! I enjoyed reading it smile.png

Well ... that, and I'm a shitty speller.

Tyll really enjoyed the article, very well balanced and objective. Just goes to show these days celebrity and fashion is more important than overall quality. I happen to work for a company that pushes the so called Dr Dre(adful) technology and sound in its consumer products which I personally find embarrassing.

Do you think we could turn the Stax Sigma design into a fashion icon, a bit of BLING here and there could work wonders. It would certainly get you noticed out on the street. Perhaps we could persuade the new Chinese owners of Stax to develop one as they want to push the technology into the mobile arena.000-dancing.gif

Scott Wilkinson has kindly asked me to join him on his "Home Theater Geeks" over on TWiT.tv to talk about the "Celebrity Headphone Deathmatch!"

The show will be broadcast on TWiT.tv live TODAY, Monday, December 12, at 1:30pm Pacific Time (2130UTC). Both audio and video will be available afterward on the Home Theater Geek page on TWiT.

Tyll really enjoyed the article, very well balanced and objective. Just goes to show these days celebrity and fashion is more important than overall quality. I happen to work for a company that pushes the so called Dr Dre(adful) technology and sound in its consumer products which I personally find embarrassing.

Do you think we could turn the Stax Sigma design into a fashion icon, a bit of BLING here and there could work wonders. It would certainly get you noticed out on the street. Perhaps we could persuade the new Chinese owners of Stax to develop one as they want to push the technology into the mobile arena.000-dancing.gif

you could but then there would be no money left for TV advertising and to give Best Buy a 40% profit margin