Celebrity Headphone Deathmatch

Tyll Hertsens

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyll, has anyone come to your site yet and been very confused by the talk of the celebrity headphones? Like they're not in on the joke, and thought that they were indeed the best headphones you could buy? Or have you not reached that mass market audience yet.

If only!

Sadly, it seems that 90% of the head-fi audience hasn't heard of Inner Fidelity yet. Think of the amount of stupid posts over on the other site asking questions that Tyll has definitively answered.

Its one of the comforting differences in the two sites is that people here tend to read up before posting lest they look like an idiot. If only the same mentality pervaded over there.

On another note:

I watched the Video Podcast from the other day. I don't quite think the interviewer knew what to do with you, Tyll. He seemed quite a bit more enamored with the title of the article than the substance of what you were saying.

Edited by TMoney

Tyll, has anyone come to your site yet and been very confused by the talk of the celebrity headphones? Like they're not in on the joke, and thought that they were indeed the best headphones you could buy? Or have you not reached that mass market audience yet.

Not much on InnerFidelity, but you wouldn't believe some of the comments I get on my YouTube Channel. That one is getting out to the broader audience. I have 53 Videos, over 2000 subscribers, about 6000 views per day, and over 400,000 views since the start. Dude, that YouTube thing is huge. You should do some videos

If only!

Sadly, it seems that 90% of the head-fi audience hasn't heard of Inner Fidelity yet. Think of the amount of stupid posts over on the other site asking questions that Tyll has definitively answered.

You really think so? I search for my name and innerfidelity over there most every day. Seems like lots of people are aware of InnerFidelity. I can't link over there, of course, so that's got to be rather spontaneous from the crowd there. Along those lines, feel free to link to my stuff here and there, that is how the word gets spread.

Oh, and Justin, I'm really hoping that this article is the one that really starts making in-roads out there with the kids. It doubled my traffic yesterday, gonna be interesting to see how long the bump lasts.

If only!

Its one of the comforting differences in the two sites is that people here tend to read up before posting lest they look like an idiot. If only the same mentality pervaded over there.

On another note:

I watched the Video Podcast from the other day. I don't quite think the interviewer knew what to do with you, Tyll. He seemed quite a bit more enamored with the title of the article than the substance of what you were saying.

Why read if you can watch ? I doubt the youngster have any patient to spend time reading more than a 2 words article.

I watched the end of the pod cast and it sees the guys were surprised with your reviewing eccentricity.

My understanding is he isn't able bodied.

Ah, then I'm sorry for the insinuation of vehicular manslaughter. The guy who designed the Segway, Dean Kamen, used the same gyroscope-based balancing technology prior to the two-wheel scooter in a 4-wheel wheelchair which could climb stairs. At the very least I'm glad that the popularity of the Segway has allowed him more funding for further research. And I suppose it's a decent mobility tool, though sitting down would be far less stressful on the body and more convenient, as has been pointed out.

Ah, then I'm sorry for the insinuation of vehicular manslaughter. The guy who designed the Segway, Dean Kamen, used the same gyroscope-based balancing technology prior to the two-wheel scooter in a 4-wheel wheelchair which could climb stairs. At the very least I'm glad that the popularity of the Segway has allowed him more funding for further research. And I suppose it's a decent mobility tool, though sitting down would be far less stressful on the body and more convenient, as has been pointed out.

I don't think he's doing any research anymore... http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/09/segway-death/

i think i found my favorite youtube comment so far

"Beats suck! Get a quality headphone, like Bose!"

honestly though, if I were 16 right now, i'm pretty sure I would have a pair of Beats. They seem to be today sort of like the Klipsch 2.1 computer speaker system of 2000 -- to a 16 year old, the best speakers in the world. I had a pair of Sony MDR-V6 until I dug my way through Head-Fi to find out about Grados and Sennheisers.

i think i found my favorite youtube comment so far

"Beats suck! Get a quality headphone, like Bose!"

honestly though, if I were 16 right now, i'm pretty sure I would have a pair of Beats. They seem to be today sort of like the Klipsch 2.1 computer speaker system of 2000 -- to a 16 year old, the best speakers in the world. I had a pair of Sony MDR-V6 until I dug my way through Head-Fi to find out about Grados and Sennheisers.

LOL...indeed, guilty as charged, had a set of those Klipsch at 17 ;)