Kim Jong Il is dead.

Knuckledragger

1. Son alone maintains status quo and is revered like his father (I am not betting on this)

2. Son is overthrown/ousted by military brass or government rival (Most likely)

3. A civilian revolution (VERY unlikely)

You forgot

<unlikely_dream>

4. Son gets A Clue, swaps Nukes for Food, becomes respected member of international community, dancing in streets.

</unlikely_dream>

2.5 Son is overthrown/ousted by military brass or government rival behind the scenes, but kept around as a figurehead for the populace.

2.51 Son is captured by Kraft executives and forced to manufacture "alternative" food products.

Such as, Sous Vide pork and beans, chocolate covered bacon, and duck fat popcorn.

I got the sarcasm, I was just playing off it.

Ugh, double fail on my part facepalm.png

2.5 Son is overthrown/ousted by military brass or government rival behind the scenes, but kept around as a figurehead for the populace.

That is the most probable outcome I can think of.

I have been thinking a bit about the reactions of the people in the video. Anyone want to weigh in on their thoughts as to how much of the footage was forced and how much was real given that lots of people in that country have lived their entire lives under that man and his father. Could it be possible that a good portion of those people stuck in that country don't know any better and his passing is really that big of a deal to them? I am betting the majority have no real contact to the outside world since they are poor and the IT infrastructure is lacking to say the least. Thinking of all of the things people do out of ignorance (to use the term objectively rather than judgmentally), it's within the realm of possibility, right?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's An Unsubstantiated Rumor Going Around That Kim Jong Un Is Dead

"It started just a few hours ago when Twitter and its Chinese equivalent, Weibo, began exploding with rumors after it was reported that several black cars had rushed to the embassy in Beijing where Jong-Un, the 28-year-old recently appointed leader of North Korea, was staying"

Maybe coup, maybe he joined CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, who knows..............