Help picking headphones?

Dthomps12

I was originally thinking about getting the hd 558, 598, or the 595, but they are open ear and aren't very portable.

I'm looking for: folding, around ear, closed, 200$ or less, and preferably decent bass.

That might be a lot of specifics but I need help finding the right headphones.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Dylan

I apologize that this is my first post. I've done a lot of research on headphones but there are just too many. I joined this forum for help. I should have waited and checked all of the posts and contributed on Head-case before I came posting like this. So hopefully you all don't hate me and next time I do post I can get some help.

Thanks

In your vast research how many circumaural folding headphones did you actually find? Foldability usually is for smaller ultraportable supraurals, think Koss PortaPro. If you mention bass then the open Sennheisers would not be a viable option, at least the HD598 does not have much bass quantity. The quality is ok, though.

I'd say- just get a HD25-II or those V-Moda M80 that everyone is raving about. HD25-II should offer more isolation but soundwise they are quite comparable.

Merry Christmas and check out InnerFidelity.

• Like 1

I'd say- just get a HD25-II or those V-Moda M80 that everyone is raving about. HD25-II should offer more isolation but soundwise they are quite comparable.

I was looking into the headphones and I'm not a fan of the on ear. So I came across the LP2 when I was checking out the M80. They aren't foldable but they are extremely durable and portable. I know they are new but any thoughts on them?

You walked into the lion's den here. But seriously, check out www.innerfidelity.com - Tyll's recommendations are worth a hundred times more than all the noise you'll get on head-fi.

Alternatively, buy this car:

Voisin-C27-Aerosport-Coupe_3.jpg

No, technically it's not quite what you're looking for, but by my flawless logic, if you can afford this, you can afford any headphones you want!

You walked into the lion's den here. But seriously, check out www.innerfidelity.com - Tyll's recommendations are worth a hundred times more than all the noise you'll get on head-fi.

Good advice. Tyll will take care of you.

FWIW, the Shures (SRH 840 and 440) cost less than 200 bucks, are closed back, fold, and have decent bass.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...