Neil Young claims he was working on an audiophile iPod with Steve Jobs

Wmcmanus

I really do not see what is wrong with the shape. Unless I am missing something this is not meant to be used like a mobile DAC but rather as a transportable DAC. Can you really appreciate "Studio-Quality Sound" in a mobile environment? Besides, that shape may work for some in their pockets.

Edited by morphsci

What?  I thought this would be a new format......so this is just another FLAC player?

• The PonoMusic.com Store uses FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) audio format as its standard, for compatibility, although the PonoPlayer can play most popular high-res music formats from other sources. PonoMusic has a quality spectrum, ranging from really good to really great, depending on the quality of the available master recordings:       
  • CD lossless quality recordings: 1411 kbps (44.1 kHz/16 bit) FLAC files
  • High-resolution recordings: 2304 kbps (48 kHz/24 bit) FLAC files 
  • Higher-resolution recordings: 4608 kbps (96 kHz/24 bit) FLAC files
  • Ultra-high resolution recordings: 9216 kbps (192 kHz/24 bit) FLAC files

here's a comparison of the profile with the Pico, for those who are familiar with it. Except the Pico is 2.75" long (plus knob) while this is 5" long, or just barely longer than an iPhone 5 which is considered a small phone

ponosizecomparison.jpg

Didn't realize it was that small. It sure looks a lot bigger on most of their photos.