Sherlock

crappyjones123

I don't mind the filler with well written stuff. For instance House, Season 1 of Prison Break, Campus (cancelled after season 1), Coupling. I like seeing characters being developed. More so the interaction between them. What makes house so great (for me) is his dialogue with wilson. I know the medical stuff is just fluff but his interactions with other characters always makes me chuckle.

If it's well written there is no filler.

GF and I watched the first season then went back to Billy Wilder's The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, a film I suspect no one sees anymore. Anyway was fun to follow up similar references in two takes. Film, while deviating further on story, is closer in traits (cocaine v. nicotine patches, etc.) than TV, but current and 70s (Loch Ness Monster!) takes both fun. If you're looking for similar hunt it down.

Edited by blessingx

• 3 years later...

Wait, I practiced this all night last night. Hold on...I almost got it. God dammit. I still can't care. I'll try again tonight. It's really important to me that I can some day care for what some random guy on the internet thinks of me especially when my opinion doesn't agree with his. Please give me time until then. I promise I'll get there. And don't go smashing your hand into a wall out of anger and breaking it. Please be patient with me. I'm trying very hard to grow up. 

You seem to make the mistake of thinking that I care about other people's frame of reference. There are plenty of people here that I get along with just fine. The people I wronged in the past, I apologized to. Some accepted the apology or just simply moved on while others didn't but that is where my responsibility ended. If I wanted to grovel and ask for forgiveness repeatedly, I'd take up religion. As to whether my local maxima is the universal maxima or not doesn't really matter. In the grand scheme of things, my life will go on with or without your largesse. I have made no effort to hide my feelings regarding the people I don't get along with. They seem to do the same so I consider that an even playing field. I haven't had an issue with you nor have one now but you seemed intent on going off the deep end for an opinion I offered all because you woke up on the wrong side of your bed (I hope that that is the case as at least it offers an excuse for your uncalled for outburst). You say that the mistake to think your mind was the universal maxima was a mistake that you made many years ago. I submit that you haven't stopped making it if you think that being an admin on an internet forum requires people to be nice to you when you aren't nice to them. Your god complex has only been embedded deeper. If sharing contradictory thoughts on here is a ban worthy offense, go for it. Watch me care. But I must warn you, you might be waiting for a very long time before I start to. 

As for bright boys having value...I've already proved that to people that matter in my life. 

• Like 1

I don't think a piece of shit of an actor like Cumberbatch deserves an argument between you, dear gentlemen. He's the only reason I've not been able to watch a single episode of Sherlock. Most of my friends, including you, who have watched the show have recommended it, and I've tried to follow the advice, but as soon as I see this guy's face and all his lack of acting, I can't go on. My loss, I know...

My disparaging is not in support of Brett, it's just that I can't stand Cumberbatch's acting (in)capabilities. Probably more my fault than his. Excuse me if my previous post was too harsh on him, I would edit it if sounds offensive.

Don't you dare edit a post to be less harsh... That's not the way we do things ;)

People are going to have their views on who is "Sherlock" or who is "The Doctor" (David Tennant, of course,) but like I believe Nate said, you don't have to tear down another one for your guy to matter.

I do, however, wish they would have had Hugh Laurie as House but with a British accent playing Sherlock. I'm sure his violin playing would have been better.

**BRENT**

Edit: Antonio, do you just not like Cumberbatch from Sherlock, or is there something else you don't like him from? The Imitation Game? I'm curious as to whether or not you are basing your decision off his portrayal of the character or a previous body of work. If it's based on something else, please let me know. I want to check it out.

Edited by MexicanDragon
  • Like 1

I'm pretty positive Crappy's either here as a performance art piece, some kind of bizarre elaborate troll, or because he needs an outlet where he can reveal his true self without the people he interacts with in real life knowing his tendencies. Plus a place to sell his overpriced cameras and computers.

• Like 1