Sherlock

crappyjones123

While I do not know the ins and outs of Crappy's behavior here (nor do I really care), c'mon Jacob.  A ban for this thread?  Really?  Almost as pathetic as the time you banned me for our disagreement in the healthcare thread.  You can shred Crappy to pieces for all I care, but banning him for this is downright Jude-ish.

I steer clear of you, Jacob, because of this kind of shit.  It certainly is your site, but the overuse of the shovel for things like this is unbecoming.  And if you ban me, it will only make my point.

Edited by roadtonowhere08

The issue is not with the site (pretty much everyone here is great); it's with you.  You have a very long history of mood swings and overreacting.

Crappy could very well be a shit (I do not go looking for proof either way 'cause I have shit to do), but in this thread, he did absolutely nothing wrong.  He disagreed with you.  So fucking what?  Because you are getting all nostalgic over which actor is better, you berate and ban him?  Even if the actor he likes is shit, who fucking cares?

You could have taken your own advice and skip the reply to him, but no, you didn't.  Get off your high horse and go buy another watch if it will help you calm down.

• Like 1

I may not be a regular here based on post count, but I assure you I have not pissed of nearly as many reasonable people here as you have.  In my book, not being an asshole is a very worthy contribution to a community.  You may be at the top of the pyramid, but perhaps you ought to try leading by example rather than by title.

I have said my piece.  I see no incentive to continue engaging with someone who relishes in mood swings and temper tantrums.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I loved the Granada TV Holmes with Jeremy Brett, which are probably the most faithful to the original stories, but I also love Cumberbatch's Sherlock series.  And  I should like to point out that Brett was significantly older than the Holmes of the stories.  In Study in Scarlet, the very first Sherlock Holmes story, Watson is just out of medical training, goes in the army and is wounded shortly after arriving in Afghanistan, comes back to England, which would put him in his twenties.  He also comments after meeting Holmes that Holmes was not a medical student, which means that Watson thought Holmes was his age or younger.  Brett was 51 when he started portraying Holmes, Cumberbatch and Freeman (Watson) are in their 30s, and Basil Rathbone, who also did a fine Holmes, was 47 when he starred in his first Holmes movie.