Good photo printing sites

skullguise

Hi all,

Did some searching, not really finding definitive opinions/answers for good photo printing sites.

We got a DVD of pictures (hi-rez JPG) back for our son's Bar-Mitzvah, with the rights to print for our personal use....we wanted to make a nice album.

We'll also investigate specialty photography stores locally, but wondered if anyoine can recommend decent online services. We've used Snapfish and Mpix, and have seen other work from Shutterfly. So-so impressed......

Any thoughts or recommendations? Or would a local place really be our best bet?

Thanks, Todd.

Edited by skullguise

Shutterfly gets most of my business since they have the most reasonable shipping cost and their quality is decent. Results can be unpredictable unless you go through the options and disable the "optimize prints" feature or whatever the hell they call it these days, it basically auto-levels and auto-contrasts the photos if you leave it enabled.

My personal favourite for when things have to look good and right is Adoramapix. They have a great choice of papers and sizes and their prints just look better. But I get killed on shipping since I live in Canada, I think the prices are pretty resonable for you guys.

I'd say try out a few places. Pick out a few sample files and order a set of prints from each place, then see which one looks best. I doubt we're photographing the same kind of stuff nor looking for the same kind of things in the final prints. Try out different papers & finishes too to see what works best. I like all my stuff in super high gloss but others might not.