swt61

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheerleader.gif

Very relieved you like it, hopefully it sounds great and adds the icing to your cake.

I'm also very pleased to announce the start of my new commercial endeavor, Cheesè Dhik Audio, in collaboration with Bellatone Audio. Look for us winter solstice 2020.

cheerleader.gif

Very relieved you like it, hopefully it sounds great and adds the icing to your cake.

I'm also very pleased to announce the start of my new commercial endeavor, Cheesè Dhik Audio, in collaboration with Bellatone Audio. Look for us winter solstice 2020.

Awesome... awaiting the unveiling of your first headphone amp... the Dhik Head

cheerleader.gif

Awesome... awaiting the unveiling of your first headphone amp... the Dhik Head

Will you be buying that with the upgraded Smegma PS?

I spent most of yesterday evening comparing the Buffalo II to my Adcom GDA-700. While the Buffalo did outperform the Adcom in just about every aspect, it certainly did not embarrass it. I think I paid in the $150.00 range for the Adcom a couple of years ago, and that was, and still is a bargain price.

Whenever I get a new piece of equipment that outperforms the exiting piece, I almost feel like I get new headphones in the bargain, because they simply rise to the new level of gear. One day I'd like to see just how far these K1Ks will scale. Detail, prat and soundstage improved via the Buffalo, and I think I hear tighter bass notes. I'm always careful about what I really hear vs, placebo until I have some time in though. It definitely is a bit more forward where the Adcom is a little more layed back. A good match to the very neutral β22. I'm waiting to get more familiar with this DAC before comparing the β22 to the F5. In fact I have not listened to the F5 via the Buffalo yet.

OK, everybody come over and listen! :D

Great work!

I've built quite a few of those babies (been herding buffalos since their first generation - Buffalo 24).

I'd recommend you try them with Salas shunts. You'll be surprised with the difference to the Placids. ;)

Shouldn't the new trident regulators remove much of the need for super high quality power supply?

This might be more of a change with older versions of the buffalo though!

Remember I'm electronically impaired. Do the Salas shunt regulators work in addition to the Placids, or do they take the place of the placid PS?

MASantos, are the new Trident regulators an addition to the Placids or the Ivy III? Sorry if my questions are sophomoric, but I'm just starting to understand just a little bit of this stuff.

Shouldn't the new trident regulators remove much of the need for super high quality power supply?

This looks like a Buffalo 2, not the newer Buffalo 3 that comes with the Tridents by default.

But in regards to different power supplies on the digital side making that much difference...... I seem to have misplaced my massive rolleyes smiley, but I'm sure you get the idea.

naamanf she's a real beauty.

Steve glad you enjoying your new toy, the Buffalo DAC and β22 is a superb pairing, congrats. Have you tried LCD’s with your β22?

No I haven't John, but have wanted to for some time. I'm now hoping the LCD-3 brings the price of a used LCD-2 even lower.

Haven't tried with Tridents on any of my Buffalos tbh.

Some people have been replacing Tridents with low voltage Salas shunts with good results (allegedly).

I wouldn't go that far.

But in regards to different power supplies on the digital side making that much difference...... I seem to have misplaced my massive rolleyes smiley, but I'm sure you get the idea.

A DAC has an analog and a digital side. In practice a PS that might be good for the analog side is probably not appropriate to power, say, an oscillator.

Power supply differences are evident both objectively and subjectively. I'm not sure how much is that much but surely the threshold at which we stop to bother about it is for each one to decide for himself.

Btw, when you do find that massive rolleyes smiley do let me know (hope you don't mind if I borrow it). tongue.png

A DAC has an analog and a digital side. In practice a PS that might be good for the analog side is probably not appropriate to power, say, an oscillator.

Oh, analogue side certainly.

Btw, when you do find that massive rolleyes smiley do let me know (hope you don't mind if I borrow it). tongue.png

Indeed.

post-684-0-99683300-1328888982_thumb.gif