Whitney Houston dead at age 48

Wmcmanus

The closest thing to her in the metal world is Floor Jansen. She is an unbelievable singer, but the bands that she was/is with are pretty shallow and bad. It's a shame, because Floor is my favorite female singer.

I liked her with After Forever. Haven't heard anything of hers since then....

Meanwhile in the UK .

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-17039076

Whitney Houston: Sony 'sorry' for album price hike

Record label Sony has apologised for increasing the price of two Whitney Houston albums in the UK, hours after her death on Saturday.

The wholesale cost of the two LPs - Houston's Ultimate Collection and Greatest Hits - went up by about £3 each, causing an automatic price increase on iTunes.

In a statement, Sony said the albums had been "mistakenly mispriced". It added the error was "immediately corrected" once it had been discovered.Houston fans had taken to Twitter describing the price hike as "greedy" and "shameful".

Edit: El Reg chimes in http://www.theregist...ney_price_hike/

Today, Sony Music finally responded to the hue and cry, blaming a clerical error for the price change:

Whitney Houston product was mistakenly mis-priced on the UK iTunes store on Sunday. When discovered, the mistake was immediately corrected. We apologise for any offence caused.

Quite how the albums accidentally jumped up in cost only on the UK iTunes store and immediately after Houston's death was not explained. ®

Edited by Grahame

Dancing on Whitney Houston's grave: Streaming rights pulled after her death to make a "very large amount of money" from DVD sales according to Netflix rep

I was inspired to watch the movie The Bodyguard tonight after watching Kevin Costner's stirring tribute to his former co-star at Whitney Houston's funeral this afternoon.

Unfortunately it isn't available for streaming. This was interesting since it is 20 years old. I checked the comments under the movie post on netflix.com and saw a bunch of complaints saying that it had been available for streaming until her death.

So I called Netflix and the rep confirmed what I suspected:

Netflix rep: "Okay Dan, I just went and talked to my main supervisor as to why the movie had been pulled and the reason it was pulled was the production company pulled the streaming rights from us because all the publicity after Whitney Houston's passing there was an opportunity to make really a very large amount of money on the DVD sales of her movies. So they're going to pull all the streaming titles we have of Whitney Houston so they can make more money off the DVD sales of her movies."

Whitney+Houston+Cashing+In.jpg

"accidentally", Right.

Edited by Spychedelic Whale