Now for something different...

spritzer

That worked, thanks for the tip  :laugh:

In other news, I fixed the offset-issue. Didn't have to do anything except realize that the servo op-amp is a dual-OP and not the usual OP27  ::) Note to self, read the schematic properly FFS! :mikey2:

//UFN

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I like that one a lot!!  :)  I have a pile of these that I need to finish at some point as it is a really good amp. 

Any troubles with that feedback switch? 

Thanks!

besides not as "hi gain" as I thought , actually they work well .Love that sound with switch on 

btw,I am curious about how does this feedback design work in the circuit , any paper or keywords that I can learn from ? :)

Edited by ang728

• 5 months later...

26 minutes ago, MLA said:

What would the current draw be for a balanced version? Inside or outside GRLV range ( think I saw 1,5 amps somewhere)?

I put them on lab bench psu before,can't remember what's exact number of current draw,but I'm sure under 1.5A

then built a slimmer case version a while ago using orginal GR and works pretty well

Edited by ang728

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry for refloating this thread.

I'm listening to my "SquareWave KG latest version" in SE configuration. (Thanks Dr. Gilmore)

It works great and is very simple to assemble. I have regulated the BIAS @ 120mA without problems and could even raise it much more.

I have used a 100K resistor to make the servo act as fast as possible and from the beginning the offset is 0 Vdc so I don't need wait for listening music. I matched all the transistors as best as possible but with the MJE200 and MJE201 it was impossible to find an identical pair. ?

The next step is to install it in a box but I'm hesitating, Is it worth making a balanced version? Is there much difference between the SE vs. Balanced version?

I have enough material and pcb´s to do this without problems but if this does not make sense, I'll leave it in SE configuration.

Edited by jose

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I was listening to the Square Wave with different headphones (hd800, W5000 ....) and I was wondering if the output impedance changes when changing the gain (Low to High)?

I understand that if he does it, I do not know exactly how much or if the change is very radical.

• 3 months later...