KONY 2012

Wmcmanus

There you go: any press is good press for this cause.

I don't like being "The Boss of the World." I think the US has been fucked over royally by spending defense dollar overseas ... for both good and ill.

But something has to be done about this shit. The more rabble gets roused these days the better.

Occupy all space. Clog it with good will. Fuck those fucking fuckers.

Am I making sense? Fuck it, make noise.

This is all over my school. With all of the meddling the industrialized nations have done to Africa in the past to make it where it is today, they (including us) owe it to Africa to at least keep garbage like this from happening. It's just a matter of time before parts of Africa become the terrorism capital of the world. An ounce or prevention is worth a pound of KABOOM!!!

Edited by roadtonowhere08

What a great way to use our technology. I signed up and donated. I'll wear my T-shirt and bracelet and spread the word. Thanks Wayne.

That's cool, Steve. I've donated but need to back and order a T-shirt and the "action pack" with the bracelets, etc.

I think this will work and they'll get the bastard. I just hope that they properly account for all of the money received (which will be a lot) and that once the media blitz has taken a foothold, they'll then spend most of the money on the ground in support of the kids and their families.

They did say in the video that their main concern ATM was to get the word out. I hope the funds are properly distributed as well. If this turns into a questionable finance situation, it'll have terrible implications for ever getting something like this off the ground again.

Yes, that's a good cause. I wonder if they can just hire SEAL Team 6?

Ya, no kidding! I got this email this morning:

Navy Seal quote of the week

Dana Perrino ( Fox News) describing an interview she recently had with a Navy SEAL. After discussing all the countries he had been sent to, she asked if they had to learn several languages?

His reply:

"No ma'am, we don't go there to talk."

Edited by Wmcmanus

Not that this person isn't a monster and shouldn't be literally destroyed, but was reading up on more apparent facts. Still, if the message gets out and one more person like this is removed, I'm all for it. I'd like to see that any funds and support make the most impact.....

http://blog.foreignp...plicated_things

Edited by skullguise

I had just read that. Obviously a complicated situation in both Uganda and Africa with no one solution. I'm actually in favor of this kind of pacifist approach, but do question how the money is being spent by TRI & Kony 2012.

Far from pacifist wrt to Kony 2012. They are pushing for US government military involvement as well as funneling money/technology into corrupt Ugandan military.

The proposed action is a media campaign. The result is likely death for Kony, but that is not what the campaign calls for. The campaign requests justice, nebulous though it may be. The fact that there does not appear to be a non corrupt political party or military branch in Uganda is part of the complexity. Certainly removing Kony helps Africa, even if he is not currently in Uganda.

The proposed action is a media campaign. The result is likely death for Kony, but that is not what the campaign calls for. The campaign requests justice, nebulous though it may be. The fact that there does not appear to be a non corrupt political party or military branch in Uganda is part of the complexity. Certainly removing Kony helps Africa, even if he is not currently in Uganda.

Right it is a media campaign, but to raise awareness so the US government/military will intervene as well as funding a military run by a totalitarian leader Museveni, who's military have been accused of some of the same crimes against humanity that the LRA have (child soldiers, sex slaves, murdering civilians, etc). I am just taking issue with your comment that it's pacifist. Pacifism is what Gandhi did in India.