New "unveiled" LCD3

purrin

What about the HE6? Don't people like powerful tube amps for them? That was my inclination for them.

And what about the Liquid Fire? Seems to be a good match for the Audeze from what I've read. (spare me the KG propaganda please)

Not sure where you got the "tube amps for the HE6" from. My experience is the opposite. I've found most orthos to sound better from good SS, though it's not cut and dry ofcourse. The Dynahi is the best amp I've heard with the HE6.

No one has done a circlotron amp for headphones before.

Ryan pointed out to me that the DSHA is, arguably, a sort of cyclotron. Not done on purpose, but seems to fit the "floating bridge output stage" part of the definition.

Sumo was good stuff.

Edited by dsavitsk

• 5 months later...

True, many people say that they absolutely hear an across-the-board improvement with RMA. My LCD-3 is from the very first batch and I have never heard of the "unveiled" ones, but my feeling is that what Audeze did was to make it sound natural / neutral (kind of trying to be HD800 but then it's no longer LCD3).