Philips Fidelio L1

The Monkey

You really need to listen to a set of these, the ERGO model 2's. IMHO quite competitive to the HD600/650's

ergo1.jpg

I think the HD 650 gets a bad rap. Maybe I'm not thinking widely enough, but other than the HD800 and LCD3 (when working well), I think it's the best headphone out there.

'Course the latest Thunderpants I've hear might have beat it. Got a pair from his group buy coming in for measure nad listen. Maybe I'll sneak in a review, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a newbie to headphones here, thankfully before being fully corrupted by head-fi, i chanced upon the Cavalli LL thread, proceeded to finish the T2 diy thread even though i know nothing of electronics.

Just a quick question, at my place, there isnt really a place to buy or test headphones, so im probably buying blind. Im currently thinking of the momentum or X1 (I'm buying them secondhand and the offer price is similar.). Any advice? I listen to songs mostly, lots of vocals and acoustic. occasional pop music.

On of the kind of signature i liked, was the Final Audio Heaven 6 and fitear parterre, courtesy of good friends. have not had the chance to listen to JH.

• 11 months later...

Dammit, Tyll.

Your X2 review has me intrigued. As a longtime HD600 lover I figured I have to give them a try. I ordered a pair for the office.

The X1 sounded awesome but was too small for my head. Even though Tyll says the new one is bigger I'm still suspicious of one size fits all mechanisms. Just let me adjust it damn it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's more like it, although I'd hope to audition it first, even at that price. 

You wouldn't like to spend that kind of cash on headphones just based on Yago's opinions  >:D

No, I'm a Sony fan -- MDR-V6/-7506; CD3000; MDR-F1; even the MDR-R10 is top tier.

Plus, black and closed.  I'm hoping it compares to the CD3000.  (I suppose I could just paint the CD3000's black or something.)