Say a Prayer for Levon Helm

Absorbine_Sr

Good vibes to Levon.

Levon was a pretty good actor too. 1988's 'End of the Line', with Levon, Wilford Brimmley, Mary Steenburgen, Holly Hunter, Kevin Bacon ... is a favorite of mine.

Just now (through Youtube) realized the guy was a drummer/lead singer. Wow, mad respect. How have I never actually seen The Last Waltz? WTF?

I had the chance to attend a Midnight Ramble back in 2010 with Levon's band and Steve Earle performing. I have been a huge fan of The Band since first hearing them but after spending an afternoon and evening hanging out at his house I can say that he was probably one of the few celebs I have met that I would have loved to hang out with as he seemed like my kind of guy.

I had the chance to attend a Midnight Ramble back in 2010 with Levon's band and Steve Earle performing. I have been a huge fan of The Band since first hearing them but after spending an afternoon and evening hanging out at his house I can say that he was probably one of the few celebs I have met that I would have loved to hang out with as he seemed like my kind of guy.

The Rambles were great. Levon Helm was an icon in our area (I lived perhaps 15 minutes from his home) and his loss was certainly felt strongly here.

Edited by revolink24

The Rambles were great. Levon Helm was an icon in our area (I lived perhaps 15 minutes from his home) and his loss was certainly felt strongly here.

his twitter account was @levonhelmramble...sad stuff, obviously...but some progressive & warming comments/replies as well...

I was very glad to hear that Robbie Robertson did visit Levon in the hospital...to be a fly on the wall...

I'm borrowing The Last Waltz blu-ray that I bought for my dad...I've seen it numerous times but it never disappoints...later, I may even dig up the Basement Tapes...I know that, depending on which version you have, Levon had limited participation (he left the Band for a spell)...However, I've always thought of the Band as a group independent of its members...sounds silly, I know...but, unless they were performing with Bob Dylan, they didn't seem to be following anyone's lead...

It's great that he's left such a body of work...I've been to a few Dylan concerts, but, obviously, their peak was before my time...