Sennheiser HD 800 Redux

The Monkey

If you guys really want the 800 classic with warranty, it may worth to check out www.headphoneaudiophile.com.  He is a friend of mine and should be able to do 15-20% off from retailed by just mentioning my name.  Joe Saxon is the owner of this site and he is located in Atlanta, Georgia.  They are an authorized retailer as well.  I am not sure the discount is applied for the 800S or not.  I hope to have the 800S some time in January.  

On 10/31/2015 at 7:49 PM, luvdunhill said: I am just hoping that the bottom drops out of the 800 market. I still would like to own one.

If the HD800S is great (ordered one), I may sell my HD800, interested?  If they are significantly different, I may keep both.  I love the hD800.

Sure! I would love to give it another spin.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, blubliss said:

I got mine finally after a long customs wait (got them from Meier).  They sound very nice, only listened a little.  They are very similar to the original, maybe more weight in the mids and low end. Not sure yet if I will keep the original...

I'll be looking forward to hearing your impressions after you've had some time to live with them for a while.

Also I'd love to hear which of your amps you like best with them.

• 4 weeks later...

I met up with some buddies and did a little comparison of the 800S against a modded 800. I liked the 800S better as I thought the mod took a little too much away from the stock 800. That being said, the 800S it's still on the bright side of things and might benefit from a bit of lighter modding or some careful EQ to reduce the treble energy just a bit.

The 800S is a damn impressive headphone. I wouldn't buy them if I already owned a pair of modded 800s, but if I was choosing between a new 800 or 800S the S is the easy winner.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...