Sennheiser HD 800 Redux

The Monkey

That's interesting. What I remember from it was an extremely lush and musical personality, especially compared to my GS-X and to the horrid Leben CS-300X that was in the same room. However, albeit very quiet, it was a micro-meet, so I'm not sure how much of those impressions would remain in a proper audition...

Oh, and fantastic mini-meet, BTW! :)

Edited by Leonardo Drummond

• 8 months later...

I have my HeadRoom maxed out Desktop stack back, and I'm on my third pair of HD-800.  Fuck, this combo is good.  I have applied the "Frenchman" mod to this pair, and I think I'm going to undo it, as it actually sounds slightly dull up top.  The maxed Desktop has such a grip on the phones, there is no sibilance or brightness on Air's Talkie Walkie, which is not exactly a dark album.  I'm also hearing things I've never heard before, on this album, and I've heard this album at least a thousand times, on many different systems.  The headstage is amazing, as is the slam and depth and richness.  The Desktop stack hasn't worked when I've had a pair of HD-800, before, so this is a new experience.  Damn.  It's apparently "fixed fixed," now.  I hope so.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 4

On 2017/1/23 at 7:31 PM, grawk said:

I ate. I just was a little under the weather so I could only sample.

My God, the entire emotion entirely depends on the external weather?
Pull yourself together, bud. You're the head of the forums.

But that's totally, totally understandable. I don't like damp weathers, too. Those damp feelings, we rather not speak them out... haunted..

Anyway I putting three of this in my room (recommended by my father-in-law)
and I moved all my gears (for DIY and for listening to music) and my portable Olympus photocamera and the ultra-screen TV (from SONY) into the room.

Now it's 365*24 dry/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D1W8MKI

Cheers

22 minutes ago, mtoc said:

But that's totally, totally understandable. I don't like damp weathers, too. Those damp feelings, we rather not speak them out... haunted..

and I moved all my gears (for DIY and for listening to music) and my portable Olympus photocamera and the ultra-screen TV (from SONY) into the room.

Now it's 365*24 dry/

Cheers

WTF? is this a bot? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mtoc said:

Now it's 365*24 dry/

Cheers

You're going to have to do a lot better to get even close to Patrick82's level. 

Start with some Valhalla and rabbits, then learn some cool quotes like "If audiophile comes and listens to my system he would get shocked ... I don't want my home to be filled with dead bodies."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else's HD800 earpads getting a little shiny and sticky? 

Mine are but just on the bottom-rear.

They shed a little if I rub them there.

I'm the second owner so I'm wondering if maybe the previous guy had a habit of slathering on Moose Mousse?

Luckily I noticed that the pads are about $75 a pair which seems reasonable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ironbut said:

They shed a little if I rub them there.

Obligatory, "...well then don't rub them there..."!

My penis sheds a little if I rub it too much.

Sorry, not being helpful -- I have corrosive sweat to certain materials (especially the pleather on Sony MDR-V6/-7506 headphones) -- it's just my body chemistry, nothing untoward going on.  Perhaps...?

• Like 1