Whisk[e]y-Case

shellylh

But, of course.  Damn, but don't I wish I were there to share these two exalted smoke monsters with you.  I do loves me some peat.  On the nose,in the mouth, and for the long, glorious finish.  

Thanks for the tasting notes, Bryan, and Cheers, all.

Soon, my friend. Soon we will imbibe!

I guessed Oogie for no. 2 but didn't know where to go with "Softly."   :-*

The guys over at TalkBeer have started doing immediate impressions where you're limited to exactly four words. So I need to say that Lagavulin was peaty... but softer than Laphroaig and Ardbeg. :P

Also something interesting I noticed - Lagavulin 16 is very similar to the nose on Longrow 18. Longrow's taste is a bit more complex and interesting, but for the money [it costs more than double in my area], Lagavulin still has a solid amount of value. Really smells noice.

^^ Jebus...

Me: on Saturday my friend's and I visited a distillery in Denver.  It was good.  I'd encourage all of you to track down a bottle of Stranahan's.  It should be available in most major markets although they had to pull distribution back somewhat recently but have plans in the works to support nationwide in the next few years.

159091198.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Pappy thieves! Hanging's too good for them, amirite?

https://www.yahoo.com/food/workers-busted-for-allegedly-stealing-barrels-of-117006802221.html

Franklin County Commonwealth’s Attorney Larry Cleveland said last week the case involves “more than I could imagine one person drinking in a lifetime.”

: Mikey's ears prick up :

Edited by Hopstretch
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any thoughts on Ardbeg Alligator?

My thoughts pretty much match fellow Plowdster Serge   -- http://www.whiskyfun.com/archiveseptember11-2.html#200911

Also has been referred to as soulless = 'good' flavor profile - but manufactured. 

Don't get me wrong I would drink if given. But Spending $100+ on a bottle is not worth my cash money (probably a lot more now on the secondary market)

(I hate discourage any malt purchase)

Cheers....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Head's up @mikeymad and @Voltron and anyone who likes Campbeltown spirits - 

Masterofmalt just listed the first single cask Kilkerran I've ever seen. It's a weird barrel (Calvados) but the price is seriously good and if they release more of these in sherry or bourbon.... could be awesome. I really like Al's Kilkerrans he had me try in January. 

• Like 1