Whisk[e]y-Case

shellylh

^that one’s all on the distribution. used to be Preiss, switched to Pacific Edge maybe 2-3 years back. before the UK cut off exporting i got Longrow 18 for $60-70 less per bottle than it is in my area now.

unfortunately springer doesn’t have many substitutes for that profile. so if it’s your thing, gonna have to bite the bullet. 

12 minutes ago, TMoney said:

I'm very curious as to the Forester 1920. Let me know what you think once you've cracked her open!

Actually, I should have said Pikesville is speaking to me more than others, not including the Old Forester 1920.  I already have drunk Forester 1920 plenty in past and still have a half bottle left, but only picked up another bottle in the picture to make sure I don't run out ;D

It's truly wonderful bourbon, and its 115 proof nutty, creme brulee palate is DeLicious,, and everyone should have a bottle!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jon L said:

Actually, I should have said Pikesville is speaking to me more than others, not including the Old Forester 1920.  I already have drunk Forester 1920 plenty in past and still have a half bottle left, but only picked up another bottle in the picture to make sure I don't run out ;D

It's truly wonderful bourbon, and its 115 proof nutty, creme brulee palate is DeLicious,, and everyone should have a bottle!

Noted. It's on the list.

1 hour ago, Jon L said:

...Old Forester 1920.  I already have drunk Forester 1920 plenty in past and still have a half bottle left, but only picked up another bottle in the picture to make sure I don't run out ;D

Is that the one with a note of Anise to it?

Anise is very much similar to the key flavour in liquorice -- it's a very distinctive taste.  Not for everyone.  I happen to have enjoyed it when I first started on the 1920 (went back and checked -- yes, it is, indeed, the one I found to have a note of anise to it), but by the end of the bottle, I was tired of it.

It's also possible that not all bottles have a note of anise to it, and just the batch I got.  I will try it again to know for sure.  (It obvious wasn't that much of a turn-off to me, if I'm willing to try it again.)

Me:  flipping between Sazerac Rye, Rendezvous Rye, and Farmstock #2 Rye.  Rye?  Rye not?