shellylh

Whisk[e]y-Case

It was pretty good and hotter than I expected for 93 proof (in a good way). I was not in the environment or mind set to really judge it so I was curious if our resident experts had tried it. And Mikey is a Sherry cask hound so I thought he might have tried it or been interested. 

Edited by Voltron

haven’t tried here either. i really want to try the latest Wild Turkey LE, Revival. pretty hefty sherry influence on that one.

7 hours ago, mikeymad said:

just saw this. have not had or seen.

Not possible, you have tried everything.

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2018 at 3:10 PM, Voltron said:

Where can one acquire some Auchentoshan Valinch these days? 

On 11/10/2018 at 6:03 PM, morphsci said:

Just got word that they are out of stock after all, and refunded my order placed shortly after yours, I imagine. :indra:

• Sad 2

:( I actually did not order from them as they, like all the others that showed it in stock, will not ship to Florida. I actually found mine locally at a little out of the way shop that I found while waiting for Peter to finish his airsoft skirmish. You might want to still check around since most of the ones that showed some stock were located in California, if I recall correctly.

Barrell Whisky Batch #5

What an interesting Whisky!  Barrell's each batch is completely different blending effort, and Batch 5 mixes 4 different whiskies, each finished in Bourbon, Brandy, Cognac, and Amaro barrels.  Sounds like recipe for disaster, but the result is one-of-a-kind palate with lots of raisins, sweet grapes, and some other unidentifiable spices, all without oakiness, bitterness, or other oddities, presented at healthy 118 proof cask strength.  

0113191909.jpg

Edited by Jon L
  • Like 2