• Silver Rock TVC volume control
  • 3 inputs
  • Polarisation of membranes performed by batteries
  • Price CHF 18`500.00 in Wood/oil, CHF 15`400.00 in Black
  • Copper versions available

http://www.audio-consulting.ch/?Products:Amplifier:MIPA_Stax_Amplifier

Mobile and 30 watts per channel ??

Yes has but only for 10 minutes biggrin.png

It's not clear from the description how the phones are driven. I presume its some sort of combined power amp and transformer based energiser?

Like a RWA with an integrated SRD-7!

It's a speaker amp driving stepup transformers. Since they have no detail at all about the amp then it's probably one of those things which can't see the light of day. The awesomeness and magic would disappear once people know what a POS it really is...

Am I alone in being consistently underwhelmed by efforts to run STAX transformers off of speaker amps? I really like transformers when they work right, but yea, no.

It seems like the current push for STAX transformers is an effort to re-make what started as the cheapest thing possible as expensively as possible...

I think of them like a $50 big mac

or a $50 loaf of wonderbread

or a $250K VW bettle.

NTTAWWAoTT (not that theres anything wrong with any of those things), but its a big-mac not a gourmet burger. Its a loaf of wonderbread - its not like Spritzer baked it. And its a VW bettle, not a bently.

Maybe its just me.

Am I alone in being consistently underwhelmed by efforts to run STAX transformers off of speaker amps? I really like transformers when they work right, but yea, no.

It seems like the current push for STAX transformers is an effort to re-make what started as the cheapest thing possible as expensively as possible...

I think of them like a $50 big mac

or a $50 loaf of wonderbread

or a $250K VW bettle.

NTTAWWAoTT (not that theres anything wrong with any of those things), but its a big-mac not a gourmet burger. Its a loaf of wonderbread - its not like Spritzer baked it. And its a VW bettle, not a bently.

Maybe its just me.

I like Stax transformers for cheapo rigs like for my normal bias Lambdas, I am 100% with you.

VW buses (baywindow style was made in Brazil till circa 2004 and Beetles in Mexico till circa 2003). If you want to see some nice VW's for sale check out www.oldbug.com or TheSamba.com

Personally after restoring the beetle I posted above I would buy one already restored to save a lot of time, aggravation, and money. I would buy a car from the south west USA since it is very unlikely it has any rust issues which is the death of most cars. By the way Ari of course you could drive the awesome Pollito! Did I mention the car has been driven over 400,000 miles! Stock transmission but on the 2nd engine.

VW buses (baywindow style was made in Brazil till circa 2004 and Beetles in Mexico till circa 2003). If you want to see some nice VW's for sale check out www.oldbug.com or TheSamba.com

Personally after restoring the beetle I posted above I would buy one already restored to save a lot of time, aggravation, and money. I would buy a car from the south west USA since it is very unlikely it has any rust issues which is the death of most cars. By the way Ari of course you could drive the awesome Pollito! Did I mention the car has been driven over 400,000 miles! Stock transmission but on the 2nd engine.

I'm not sure what baywindow style means, but the VW bus is still being made here. We have some jurassic cars around. Only last year GM stopped making the 1995 Blazer, and it's not like it was cheap either, the TOTL version used to cost 65K USD, believe it or not.

I like Beetles, but if I were in a position to buy a car like that, I'd go for one of these in a heartbeat:

chamonix_550.jpg

It's a Porsche Spyder replica - a pretty good one -, it's just cheap fun.

Edited by Leonardo Drummond