Diablo 3

TMoney

The multiplayer option is just the co-op ?

Yup

I'm game let me know, trying to finish the normal difficulty solo, but with this annoying lag it's pretty hard sad.png

I figured it would make sense to wait a week to give Blizzard time to even out the kinks from their end.

I leveled up my HC toon a bit, but I'm going with my normal mode character until they iron out all the lag issues. Lvl 20 wizard for my normal mode toon, what's everyone else playing?

I'm thinking of doing a Witch Doctor. I used a Demon Hunter in the beta and they are pretty cool as well.

Edited by TMoney

This game pisses me off so much. I'm trying to progress, but the auction house is a fucking joke. It straight up doesn't work half the time, which is ridiculous, because the only way to get decent items is to make money and buy them. And the only way to make money is to sell shit on the auction house. Also, they nerfed like 2 entire wizard builds in a week or something, so I need to make even more money to get new gear.

Edited by atothex

i was a massive, massive, massive Diablo 1 and 2 fan. i played the demo for 3, and said "fuck it." i might buy it when it's $10. i'd rather play 2, again.

This.

Also, always-on DRM and a pay-to-win auction house does not a happy customer make. I'm voting with my dollar and not getting it, at least not until it's much cheaper. Plus, the class designs went from interesting to juvenile, and the atmosphere went from dark and gothic to bright and cartoony. Who's the target audience for this game again?

Maybe I'm just getting older.

Edited by catscratch

For folks not happy with Diablo 3 I'm getting the idea Torchlight 2 might be where it's at. The Steam preorder on that is super generous. You get the first game and you're set for the second game for a mere $20. Crazy value and the beta feedbacks and such suggest a potential huge lovefest in the makings. If you go on the Runic forums it's looking like mid June thereabouts for a release. The folks in the beta are saying the game feels fairly polished and complete even now.

Edited by Eric5676

As much as the art direction is influenced by wow, it's hard to call Leoric's dungeons bright and cartoony ;). I agree with atothex though, I really dislike how they made the game centered on the AH.

Edited by Nebby

This.

Also, always-on DRM and a pay-to-win auction house does not a happy customer make. I'm voting with my dollar and not getting it, at least not until it's much cheaper. Plus, the class designs went from interesting to juvenile, and the atmosphere went from dark and gothic to bright and cartoony. Who's the target audience for this game again?

Maybe I'm just getting older.

Diablo 1 was even darker and gloomier than D2. I'm surprised I made it all the way through it in 7th or 8th grade. I can guess I can see the trend Blizzard started to follow with each successive game being more commercially viable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...