Stax Teflon Jacks - More of them

justin

Here is what I think will work for pricing

1-2: $20/ea

3-4: $18/ea

5-9: $17/ea

10+: $16/ea

*add $5 per normal bias jack (go ahead and combine pro/normal jacks in your total count)

+ 3% paypal & shipping

I'm assuming that shipping weight will be below 1lb for all but the largest quantities, so expect about $6 USA and $25 international

subject to change because I havent been given the final costs yet

My experience has been that the correct hole diameter is completely dependent on the pin. I have 3-4 different types of pins. Some fit perfectly in the jacks, and some are super tight. You may already be thinking this, but I would make sure you purchase a ton of the same type of pin and tweak the hole size as necessary to get your preferred fit. I like my jacks to be snug but I don't like to fight the jack when inserting the headphone connector.

I like my jacks to be snug but I don't like to fight the jack when inserting the headphone connector.

Maybe you need lube? Oh, and Justin has already said on the previous page that pins come preinstalled. I trust he will get it right.

Here is what I think will work for pricing

1-2: $20/ea

3-4: $18/ea

5-9: $17/ea

10+: $16/ea

*add $5 per normal bias jack (go ahead and combine pro/normal jacks in your total count)

So for 4 jacks, two normal two pro it would be 4*18 plus 2*5 = 82 plus PP and shipping. Yeah, I can dig that.

Maybe you need lube? Oh, and Justin has already said on the previous page that pins come preinstalled. I trust he will get it right.

So for 4 jacks, two normal two pro it would be 4*18 plus 2*5 = 82 plus PP and shipping. Yeah, I can dig that.

what i think might work best is to load the pins onto a Stax plug, then insert it into the connector shell, then tighten the nuts. i'll suggest this to the machine shop

Not sure since i've never seen an audio note up close, but the voltages are

about half that of electrostatics. Its unlikely to actually be black teflon.

I did test black delrin, and it starts conducting at about 200 volts.

All of the connex octal sockets are white teflon. Probably for a reason.

If its bakelite, then that is a different story. Not sure what the real stax

jacks or the amphenol jacks are made of. I can probably test an amphenol

jack, but i'm likely not to have the time to do that for a few months.