Headphone cable tinkering?

Xirus

Now this is my first time on this forum so hi everyone!laugh.png

Right so the main business is that I've always stuck with Skullcandy for comfort and style, but i always get the same problem over and over again(no matter what skullcandies they are!) and that is the cable goes dodgy up in the speaker can. this happened with 2 pairs of skullcrushers i bought and because i live in the UK their warranty doesn't extend to over here.

bottom line is , I've soldered the cables back down in the can but the sound still cuts off regularly, is there a smarter way to reconnect the cables inside? or is it worth completely replacing the cables? only problem being is that the subwoofer is connected between the headphones themselves and the jack.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

ps. if this is the wrong place to post this could someone kindly redirect me?

post-3831-0-98595700-1341232463_thumb.jp

OP, it sounds like the problem is elsewhere in the cable, so rather than trying to find the break, I recommend replacing the whole cable. And then, while your at it, head over to innerfidelity.com, read the reviews, and get yourself an upgrade from those headphones. You can easily find something with better build quality that should sound a lot better, too.

fair playgrin.gif thanks for the great advice guys. off to the workshop now to see what i can do.

i've also ordered 1 last pair of skullcandy the Hesh 2.0s but if they break then skullcandy will no longer be part of my life lol

fair playgrin.gif thanks for the great advice guys. off to the workshop now to see what i can do.

i've also ordered 1 last pair of skullcandy the Hesh 2.0s but if they break then skullcandy will no longer be part of my life lol when they break I'll just buy another pair of skullcandys because MOAR BASSES!

fify

i live in the UK their warranty doesn't extend to over here.
I would stick with headphones that you actually have a warranty, myself. And if you must have skulls on them, draw them on with a Sharpie. I'm personally a fan of Audio-Technica and Sony, amongst others.

Also, have some British beer, it's very good.