HeadAmp - Parts Division

justin

I've decided to create a new division of HeadAmp dedicated to offering DIY parts (both in-house made as well as reselling such as transistors). It's just less stressful and overall more enjoyable dealing with DIYers (of course, this is just in addition to selling the HeadAmp made amps/DACs)

I'll have to come up with a list of items. So this is a "Wanted" thread.

Current items:

- Custom machined Teflon Stax Jacks (pro or normal bias)

Not really parts, but... Laser Engraving service? smile.png

Other than that, If we can get some reasonably priced C3675, that would be nice.

i can do laser engraving, the problem is just that it's highly risky without having a setup piece to test it out first. plus the time involved to get it into the proprietary laser software. Front Panel Express is still the best way to go for something like this (though its a different kind of engraving) as they have developed their own CAD software and programming on their end to get it on the machine is probably minimal.

small production runs would probably work better, or doing engraving on a standard part (such as a pre-cut panel where all the dimensions/holes are already known)

Nice idea Justin rolleyes.gif .

As regards semiconductors, this will be really helpful hopefully to solve the problems of fake and/or difficult to get parts.

Can you let us know the list of semi-cons you intend to offer or do you want postings of what is needed or both?

Will there also be matching services offered?

I know your heatsinks are distinctive, but any chance you could sell them? biggrin.png

i could, but i doubt anyone would like the cost. my cost is about $13.50/foot + shipping for the metal (each 1ft is about 3lb of aluminum). then there would be cutting them, drilling/tapping holes, possibly applying a paint or anodizing. this doesnt include the die charge that was already paid

some sort of full enclosure w/ 1/8" front/back/top/bottom panels would probably be a $500-600 item.

Edited by justin

I ignored you!? Sorry!

Only remember a request at the other site for a ixys ccs board from someone people that I cock an eyebrow about (and I did ignore him them dry.png).

I don't actually have gerbers for the bh boards that I used (I got an old set from KG a while back).

As for the actual thread, yeah 3675, 1968, 1486, etc.

If you could beat bdent then that would be awesome.

Actually IXY devices can be a pita to get except from Future Elec so there's another.

Especially with the kgsshv's and all the rest that are being built.

Edited by nattonrice

I ignored you!? Sorry!

Only remember a request at the other site for a ixys ccs board from someone people that I cock an eyebrow about (and I did ignore him them dry.png).

I don't actually have gerbers for the bh boards that I used (I got an old set from KG a while back).

didnt happen to be a DIYer that was only buying your parts to help some other guy prototype, was it?

Even though they wouldn't come cheap, I bet your heatsinks would be a popular item. I'd add some of the commonly used film caps too, like the 0.1uF/1000V and 0.22uF/1000V. The later are a little harder to get a hold of. Maybe even some of the larger 680uF/450V aluminum caps. They aren't super cheap on Mouser/Digikey, and I'm sure you could get a much better price in bulk.

Great idea Justin, and much appreciated by us DIYers!

Edited by Horio

Rk50

could do that. my experience with pot/DACT sales is everyone is obsessed with 100K facepalm.png

i have a whole bunch of Alps RK27 (Blue), but i think thats kind of been taken over by ebay Chinese sellers that are either selling fake parts or real parts for a $0.25 margin

Edited by justin