RMAF 2012--October 12-14--Denver, CO

The Monkey

Ok, this is truly a serious question...it appears the original point of the 3A was to do the crossover digitally which would take care if time and phase issues. Then the patent issues were brought up and he went back to the old crossover in the iem and the 3a simply became a tri amp system with bass control. Now it Appears the crossover in the iem has been redesigned to account for time and phase issues which the 3a supposedly had taken care of.

So why would someone go with the 3a currently vs just a normal freqphased jh16?

I thought the bass on the prototype in Chicago was a bit of a joke. Not only excessive to the extreme but also a nice prominent coloration and that bass slider... way too much to are you fucking nuts??

ROFLMAO all scales should be recalibrated between these two measurements. Here's my interpretation of Birgir's evaluation of the bass slider for anyone interested:

1 - way too much

2 - holyshitsnacks

3 - subwoofer sandwich

4 - Big Mouth Billy Bass

5 - you gotta be fucking kidding me

6 - moonbass alpha

7 - there's a rave in my brain

8 - this thing is resetting my heartbeat

9 - you're fucking me in the face with bass

10 - are you fucking nuts

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did not wait. Ordered 16s without the 3A today.

Don't believe I need the 3A anymore with the Freqphasing; I have two great (and soon to be three) portable amps already. WTF do I need with an amp I can't use with anything else, even if it's tailor-made? At least that's what I told myself. :)

Good luck with your decision!

Did not wait. Ordered 16s without the 3A today.

Don't believe I need the 3A anymore with the Freqphasing; I have two great (and soon to be three) portable amps already. WTF do I need with an amp I can't use with anything else, even if it's tailor-made? At least that's what I told myself. smile.png

Good luck with your decision!

I've made the same decision, same logic. Will report back.