Great Purple-y Purple-ness!

Dusty Chalk

Didn't Tyll really like those, purpleness not withstanding?

Yup. In fact they're on the Wall of Fame for being purple good sounding.

I also said they're a good ladies headphone ... Philips didn't like that.

What!? I should have said they're a great Justin Beiber headphone?

Anyway, they sound quite good ... and they're PURPLE!!!

Edited by Tyll Hertsens

Tyll, you of all people should know it's not appropriate to assign gender roles to things.

Hm. How to respond to this?

Sure would like to see enthusiastic headphone listening more popular among the ladies. Hard not to see some gender skew in this activity.

What is it about audio that causes so many men and so few women? Serious question.

Sure, but when you pidgeon hole purple headphones to women, then the dustys of the world feel excluded. I do agree that the world of audio could use more women, tho. I think that's just a challenge that won't be solved by big purple closed phones.

Hey, I like purplr too.

992780699_ytpiV-M.jpg

Actually, I think it's the headband that strikes me as feminine with these cans.

And for the record I think men and women has various proportions of masuline and feminine characteristics.

I do agree that the world of audio could use more women' date=' tho. I think that's just a challenge that won't be solved by big purple closed phones.[/quote']

No ... for sure ... but it may be a start. What will? My motive in mentioning the Downtown as a good women's headphone was to just push the issue a little bit. Maybe if the Downtown got traction amone women we'd see headphones that weren't generally so masculine. 'Course, butt-ugly, black and chrome plastic blobs really isn't masculine per se.

Just musing here, I know you're not giving me real grief, Dan.

Actually, I counter my own argument. I think high end audio in general doesn't attract women because its usually technical in nature and more personal... less social. Women in general tend to be more social which is why they will buy a purse or a pair of shoes made with cheap parts for a lot of money because of the name and its current social stock it provides them with.

You were right on Tyll, that headphone looks nothing but feminine. I can maybe picture a pimp wearing them, but does Philips really think an average teenage male would break those out in front of his friends for anything other than laughs?

BTW, LOVE that picture and outfit.

Edited by robm321