what's wrong with my sister's laptop?

and how do I make sure I don't have to waste my time with this stuff ever again? ;)

let's see... I guess we can say the laptop isn't exactly responsive, there's a few too many search toolbars in IE (google, AIM, and something called MyWebSearch), some website popups occur once in a while telling her to buy "WinAntiVirus Pro 2006," she tells me that whenever she types in "www" into the web browser it disappears or something so I have to fix this so-called "www" problem (hint: the actual address bar is minimized and only the search tool text boxes are showing), some website told me to run PandaSoftware's online antivirus (pandas finding viruses? they don't seem exactly fit for the job) so I did that and I got something like 90 spyware, 50 hacking tools and potentially unwanted tools, and a couple dialers. not sure if that's all the problems but I'm sure there's more if I look around.

she tells me she doesn't do a thing and her system magically gets all these fun free programs for her use, so that's a bit bewildering too. I recall her talking about some random talking smily program which I guess is called "Smiley Central" so perhaps that's part of the problem. but she claims she only uses her computer to write papers, check e-mail, and I guess something to do with her iPod so it really makes no sense.

Mikey, please help, since I sure don't want to. ;):)

LOL... I hope this is a joke. :D

If not, microsofts antispyware works pretty well and adaware is a good backup app. For a free virus scanner AntiVir works really well. You might want to download CWShredder and run it as well as Hijackthis to get rid of the BHOs.

Or if you have some time on your hands, reinstall windows and get MS antispyware and AntiVir on there from the getgo. Give your sister a basic acount and tell her to come to you before installing anything that needs admin privileges. :D