Is the iMod a ripoff?

ron mexico

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy, there's no conspiracy. I'm not even on chat.

Here's what happens. Someone -- for example, you, for another example trose, for a third example me -- comes in and posts something. Those posts can be divided up -- overgeneralizing, but still applies -- into the kind of posts that get attention, and the kind that do not. Those that get attention can be divided up into the kind that gets good attention, and the kind that does not.

So someone came in and made a post that got attention, and you're what? Surprised that it got attention?

Okay, so here's what else happens: everyone who reads this, takes it as an opportunity to have a one-on-one conversation with said attention whore. Now, imagine having a one-on-one conversation with 372 people (or whatever). It sure seems like a conspiracy, but actually it's just overwhelming.

You should know this, you've gone through it yourself. And it's not just head-case, it's all of the fucking internet. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the internet. It's very simple. All of us who have not been dropped on our heads as a child have figured it out years ago, some of us who are learning hindered keep making the same mistakes repeatedly. Left as an exercise to the reader which is which.

name calling over the net is just the Coolest thing to do..right
You assume we're doing it to make you feel bad -- or, as you imply, to make others around here "appreciate" us -- that's not true. I don't know about anyone else, but I just do it because it's fun -- I do it for me. I happen to know that it makes at least half a dozen fellow headcasers uncomfortable when I call people names, and when I get reminded of that in real life, I feel bad...for maybe 30 seconds or so, and then I get over it.

Reks its from a song by jewel...your killing me smalls..

You assume we're doing it to make you feel bad -- or, as you imply, to make others around here "appreciate" us -- that's not true. I don't know about anyone else, but I just do it because it's fun -- I do it for me. I happen to know that it makes at least half a dozen fellow headcasers uncomfortable when I call people names, and when I get reminded of that in real life, I feel bad...for maybe 30 seconds or so, and then I get over it.

if you mean it as more of a buddy buddy joke then ok...but calling people names is so not cool...i mean mature..and yeah yeah me not one to talk about it. i understand there is no conspiracy also..just be nice to the Torse, atleast teach him something....

oh man i got pop ups on my pc...virus scan and ad scan here i come. I n

if you mean it as more of a buddy buddy joke then ok...but calling people names is so not cool...i mean mature...
Don't give me this holier-than-thou bullshit. Practice what you fucking preach, show us how superior leading said lifestyle is, and I'll consider it.

Oh, wait, not when it's inconvenient for you to hold it in.

Ah, well then, them's the breaks.

Best part is you all talk shit about the kid for months on months before all behind his back..

Todd Rose is not a kid man, he's like some sort of 43 year old has-been wedding DJ. That has to be near 10 years older than you bhd812.

I mean dude is an annoying jackass that lives and breathes sensationalist hyperbolic bullshit. Sure my hands aren't clean of hyperbole myself, but that guy takes it 5 notches up on bullshit products and will keep it at that level here where NO ONE on head-case will buy into it unlike innocent newbs on head-fi and it can only degrade from there. Ohwell, I'm sure he'll burn himself out in time only to appear to stir up shit occasionally for his own amusement troll-style.

Edit: Still, i guess this is all a more interesting thread addition then that bizarre series of posts involving Hydrocity's gender which made this thread seriously sad panda :(

Don't give me this holier-than-thou bullshit. Practice what you fucking preach, show us how superior leading said lifestyle is, and I'll consider it.

Oh, wait, not when it's inconvenient for you to hold it in.

Ah, well then, them's the breaks.

well its not...you go around just calling people you dont know names in life to their face?

Todd Rose is not a kid man, he's like some sort of 43 year old has-been wedding DJ. That has to be near 10 years older than you bhd812.

I mean dude is an annoying jackass that lives and breathes sensationalist hyperbolic bullshit. Sure my hands aren't clean of hyperbole myself, but that guy takes it 5 notches up on bullshit products and will keep it at that level here where NO ONE on head-case will buy into it unlike innocent newbs on head-fi and it can only degrade from there. Ohwell, I'm sure he'll burn himself out in time only to appear to stir up shit occasionally for his own amusement troll-style.

Edit: Still, i guess this is all a more interesting thread addition then that bizarre series of posts involving Hydrocity's gender which made this thread seriously sad panda :(

i understand what your saying and why it happened,.,.,

but i still dont see why you think calling him names or grouping up on him will do any good besides inflating your own ego..

I seen you give him advice while not calling him anything..thats the good shit. now its up to him to listen or not..

then just ignore him like anyone else.

well its not...you go around just calling people you dont know names in life to their face?

Ok, as an example. I was at a concert at one of the big open air pavilions. And I'm waiting in the beer line. Along with about 20 other people. And this dude stumbles up, offers the guy in front of me $5 to cut in front of him. I told him to step off, and head to the back of the line, and wait it out like the rest of us. He got in my face, and I got to smell BO + jack daniels way more than I had any appreciation for, and he was significantly larger than I am. But the point was that if you let people get away with being a jerk, they'll only get worse, so you have to take a stand.

fuck drunks...you know how i feel about them. i am not talking about the people who stay in their house and drink alone, but the peeps who go out and get stupid with others, like having beer muscles and shit. i dotn mind a person laughing and loving anything when their drunk but the SOb's who think cause they had a few they could do this or say that to anyone...

those people you dont really have to call them any names cause they are drunk..some say the truth comes out when your drunk..

fuck drunks...you know how i feel about them. i am not talking about the people who stay in their house and drink alone, but the peeps who go out and get stupid with others, like having beer muscles and shit. i dotn mind a person laughing and loving anything when their drunk but the SOb's who think cause they had a few they could do this or say that to anyone...

those people you dont really have to call them any names cause they are drunk..some say the truth comes out when your drunk..

You completely missed grawk's point huh. Is it possible for you to post without the ADD tangents?

i understand what your saying and why it happened,.,.,

but i still dont see why you think calling him names or grouping up on him will do any good besides inflating your own ego..

I seen you give him advice while not calling him anything..thats the good shit. now its up to him to listen or not..

then just ignore him like anyone else.

Let me explain this to you using small words, because we all know you're stupid and slow. Tros.e is a worthless fucking shithead. He shows no signs at all of becoming a better person, he doesn't even show signs of trying. In fact, he's becoming more of a useless twat with each passing day. In case you're not still not getting it, let me use even simpler words. He's a worthless shit stain who's beyond all help. Nothing wrong with mocking and insulting him, it's fitting and he derserves it, plus it can be entertaining.

Billy, there's no conspiracy. I'm not even on chat.

Here's what happens. Someone -- for example, you, for another example asshat extraordinaire, for a third example me -- comes in and posts something. Those posts can be divided up -- overgeneralizing, but still applies -- into the kind of posts that get attention, and the kind that do not. Those that get attention can be divided up into the kind that gets good attention, and the kind that does not.

So someone came in and made a post that got attention, and you're what? Surprised that it got attention?

Okay, so here's what else happens: everyone who reads this, takes it as an opportunity to have a one-on-one conversation with said attention whore. Now, imagine having a one-on-one conversation with 372 people (or whatever). It sure seems like a conspiracy, but actually it's just overwhelming.

You should know this, you've gone through it yourself. And it's not just head-case, it's all of the fucking internet. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the internet. It's very simple. All of us who have not been dropped on our heads as a child have figured it out years ago, some of us who are learning hindered keep making the same mistakes repeatedly. Left as an exercise to the reader which is which.

I placed a post to sell something (right or wrong on a first post, but it is allowed)

Not to get attention!

You folks brought the attention!

Then it turned in to a game ME or NOT! So I played!

It was actually fun! Maybe the kind of fun you cant have on Head-fi.

I would of thought you folks would had at least admired the fact that I took it with a grain of salt and played along for a while.

I have never posted here or on Head-fi just for attention. I get excited over new gear and like to post pics etc.

So do alot of people over there!

Hardly a has been Wedding DJ!

I opened and worked at some of the biggest clubs in my area, CT, MA, NY. They would bring me in to get the place hyped (3 turntable mixing, video mixing etc) build a mad craze for the club and hire and train the DJ staff. Then I would move on and be hired by the next big Club. SInce 1984. In addition I have worked in Radio and done much prof voice over work.

Have I done Weddings sure all DJ's start that way!

At least get your story straight instead of just pulling one line from my profile!

Yeah, but your sig over there is retarded, and it, combined with a number of your posts makes you come across like a self-involved pompous ass. Then there's your proclaimation that you have a high post count over there like it means anything beyond liking the sound of the clicking of your keyboard. Thus the reaction to your posts here. If you don't think that's an accurate representation of who you are, maybe you should go back, take a look at your sig, the general tone of a number of your posts, and the RANDOM USE OF CAPS, and decide if it's worth toning it down a bit, or just taking the shit most here think you rightfully deserve and deal with it. I don't give a shit either way... You've been on my ignore list @ Head-Fi for months, and I rather enjoy the beating you've taken here. So do whatever you think you have to.

My $0.02

Hardly a has been Wedding DJ!

I opened and worked at some of the biggest clubs in my area, CT, MA, NY. They would bring me in to get the place hyped (3 turntable mixing, video mixing etc) build a mad craze for the club and hire and train the DJ staff. Then I would move on and be hired by the next big Club. SInce 1984. In addition I have worked in Radio and done much prof voice over work.

Have I done Weddings sure all DJ's start that way!

At least get your story straight instead of just pulling one line from my profile!

Here's a hint: Nobody gives a fuck. It doesn't matter if you're a bigshot DJ, a struggling DJ, or a janitor at a truckstop.

The fact of the matter is you're an attention whoring asshole, and you'll be treated as such until you shape up.

Stupid twat.

Not to get attention!

You folks brought the attention!

Then it turned in to a game ME or NOT! So I played!

I have never posted here or on Head-fi just for attention. I get excited over new gear and like to post pics etc.

Whether or not it was initially on purpose, (a) it is something you should have known would happen, and (B) you still responded in a certain way -- a way that most people would not have responded. The backlash was warranted, you should have known it, quit whining, and take it like a man.

Billy, the backlash wasn't even directed at you, but you still seem to ask for it. What sort of fucked up personality craves backlash, so much that they would crave someone else's backlash?

And it's not "ganging up" as I already explained. There's no conspiracy. When you post the way you do, or the way he does, everyone has this disease called "I bet I can explain it to him in a way that will make him understand", so you get multiple people responding with various degrees of vehemence. If you can't take it, log off now. Or just go back to lurking.

trose, I don't think you should have been treated the way you have, in this thread at least. I didn't read

whatever had come from before other than your first post. If you had bothered to see what you were

getting into here before posting you might have taken a different approach (including not becoming

a member. Right or wrong (mostly wrong, imo) this is what this place is about. You can either flee,

flight or assimilate. If you checked this place out before posting than you had to know this was coming.

You do tend to go a bit overboard on Head-Fi about gear. It doesn't bother me at all but there are those

here who are bothered by it. Again, you should've figured that out before signing on the dotted line.

I tend to think this place, at times, resembles a school yard and there are one or two that play

the part of the little punk that stands behind the big bully and takes his shots or maybe a better descripion

would be that they act like little girls that act tough because they are sitting behind their computers

and feel safe. However, for the most part the people here are generally okay. They have some

issues with Head-Fi but I've found I can mostly have a reasonable discussion with them. Believe me

as a Mod at Head-Fi, I don't get a free ride. You just need to understand the ground rules going in.

As they say, sorry about your thin skin.

asshat extraordinaire, I don't think you should have been treated the way you have, in this thread at least. I didn't read whatever had come from before other than your first post. If you had bothered to see what you were getting into here before posting you might have taken a different approach (including not becoming a member. Right or wrong (mostly wrong, imo) this is what this place is about. You can either flee, flight or assimilate. If you checked this place out before posting than you had to know this was coming. You do tend to go a bit overboard on Head-Fi about gear. It doesn't bother me at all but there are those here who are bothered by it. Again, you should've figured that out before signing on the dotted line.

I tend to think this place, at times, resembles a school yard and there are one or two that play the part of the little punk that stands behind the big bully and takes his shots or maybe a better descripion would be that they act like little girls that act tough because they are sitting behind their computers and feel safe. However, for the most part the people here are generally okay. They have some issues with Head-Fi but I've found I can mostly have a reasonable discussion with them. Believe me as a Mod at Head-Fi, I don't get a free ride. You just need to understand the ground rules going in. As they say, sorry about your thin skin.

While things maybe taken to the extreme here, it's no doubt a reaction the the idea that everything is puppy dogs and sunshine over there. You can't tell someone what you really think because it's viewed as a personal attack. So there's no way to self-police over there... If someone's being a douchebag, he or she can continue to do so without ever being told they are, in fact, being a douchebag. So things don't change, and the signal to noise ratio goes way down. trose is viewed the way his is because nobody was able to smack some sense into him, and as a result, his antics continue to grate on people. When finally given the opportunity to vent about it, it should be a surprise that the response is loud and clear. I'd guess the dynamics of a smaller forum like this is what makes things work as well as they do here (and IMO, they do work here), and things could get out of line quickly with a bigger forum. But I think the dynamic here is great, and the self-policing by members is what keeps the signal to noise ration so high here.

the message that we've been trying to get across is simple. you can't just barge in here and settle right in. take your fucking time to get acclimated to the place and read some of the threads to figure out what we're all about. if you're going to start posting your nonsense threads without taking into account about how we may feel about them or about you, then you can either take the shit or leave. simple as that. as Ian said, the beauty of this place is that it's self-policed. t.rose gets a free ticket to be a shill and troll his crap all around head-fi because people can't say shit to let him know that he's an annoying fuck because all you mods censor shit like it's your full-time jobs. ban here, ban there, and then everyone keeps quiet. ignore list may help, but if you got someone like t.rose (or jagwire) replying to every post in threads, then it gets annoying. as for billy, what confuses me most is that he knows what this forum is like, yet he continually stirs shit up, plays the part of the hypocrite, and then gets confused by how we respond to him. it's a fucking mystery.