Shows without a bad episode

grawk

Anyone want to nominate any shows from the below?

List of television series canceled after one episode

Technically these all qualify, right? evil.gif

List of television series canceled before airing an episode

I think you're making up rules -- no-one said the episodes had to air. So shows like Action! (with Jay Mohr) that were cancelled after only a few episodes that already had an entire season in the can, they still count.

I should probably add that to my list -- that was a great show. Sure, it deteriorated late in the season (nothing could match the brilliance of the first couple episodes, though the "nude scene" episode was awesome, and the NDE episode was great and...and...and...), but it had great moments all the way up until the very end. So: no bad episodes.

Fun topic, I have been thinking about this lately. Mainly because one of my previously favorite shows (True Blood) has fallen so hard off a cliff this season it's made me dizzy. Even before this season I would not have called it perfect, but it was fun and always entertaining, Now it's just awful, it's like they have completely different writers.

Anyway, on topic:

Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones (only two seasons so far)

The Wire

Upright Citizens Brigade (three seasons)

Arrested Development

Chappelles Show

Six Feet Under (maybe, it's been a while since I've watched it)

Portlandia (two seasons so far)

Parks and Recreation (consistently delightful)

It's been a while so maybe my memory is skewed badly, but...

Dead Like Me

Thinking about that show being cancelled is still like tearing off a bandage.

Have to disagree... After Bryan Fuller left mid-first season, the show started a dive, which the second season did not avert. Season 1 holds up pretty well, but Season 2 just doesn't hold a candle to Season 1. And do not, I repeat, DO NOT, watch the direct to DVD follow-up movie.

While I enjoy his other series, including Pushing Daisies, I would say Wonderfalls fits the bill for this thread. Cancelled part way through its first season, but allowed to finish filming and wrap up, I feel it benefitted from cancellation in the sense that I don't know how sustainable it would've been. As a 14 episode run, it's damn near perfect.

Have to disagree... After Bryan Fuller left mid-first season, the show started a dive, which the second season did not avert. Season 1 holds up pretty well, but Season 2 just doesn't hold a candle to Season 1. And do not, I repeat, DO NOT, watch the direct to DVD follow-up movie.

While I enjoy his other series, including Pushing Daisies, I would say Wonderfalls fits the bill for this thread. Cancelled part way through its first season, but allowed to finish filming and wrap up, I feel it benefitted from cancellation in the sense that I don't know how sustainable it would've been. As a 14 episode run, it's damn near perfect.

I skipped the movie partially because of bad reviews and partially because of being pissed at not reaching any kind of a conclusion.

Rubicon might have had some slow episodes as well, but I was said to see it cancelled.

I am sure. There were more bad episodes than good in season 2.

No, because the second season was mostly boring and stupid.

I disagree, it was a joy to watch all the interaction and dialogs between the characters. There's no need to have tension peaks with nudity and wars to make it interesting, ADD sucks.

Edited by Spychedelic Whale

I disagree, it was a joy to watch all the interaction and dialogs between the characters. There's no need to have tension peaks with nudity and wars to make it interesting, ADD sucks.

No, the problem was not the lack of wars and nudity, it was the the stupidity of the interactions among characters. The only good episodes in season two involved the character interactions between Arya and Tywin.