2012 Three Notch Century - aka Nate's cycling adventure

n_maher

Fuck, fuck, fuckety fuck!

I never took the time to look at this thread and see that I could sponsor something very, very worthwhile here. Thank goodness it appears I'm not quite too late, but was close. Donation made, and this is an awesome thing you're doing Nate!

Looks like you blew the roof off of your goal, yeah!

Thanks guys, I'm nervously anticipating the pain. I will attempt to provide some semblance of an update after day one and weather/time permitting I'll take a couple of snap shots along the way. For those that have never visited the White Mountains they're pretty impressive compared to anything else east of the Mississippi.

Good luck Nate! You'll be fine.

For those that have never visited the White Mountains they're pretty impressive compared to anything else east of the Mississippi.

Well except the blue ridge mountains right? I actually got about 3/4 of the way up mount Mitchell before turning around. My faster friends almost made it to the top except there were 6ft snow banks blocking the last couple miles. It was about 30 degrees cooler than the base.

Edited by Dreadhead

Well except the blue ridge mountains right?

I should have said "just about anything else". ;)

That said, the Blue Ridge Mountains are equally impressive in my book. But I don't think they get the insane weather that the Presidential Range and surrounding notches get. Up until 2010 Mt. Washington held the record for the highest recorded wind speed on earth at 231mph. I'll be riding along the western slope of Wasington on Saturday and it'll be interesting to see if it's snow covered or not.