Fostex TH-900 -- $2K flagship headphone from Fostex is super sexy and closed

Dusty Chalk

Hey Purk, I have read a few reports at the other site (the huge thread). Too many posts to find them back, anyway, just to give you an indication, I was reading posts from Magick Man, and some other users were replying in the same pages as him.

He made me intrigued in them, because on top of having several great headphones, the insight he had already given to me (I was asking him about the 4070 with GES, as well as ESP950 and Grado HP2) was very good.

Antonio, since I'd like to see what you are seeing (maybe I should start comparing more impuse response and square wave graphs), what are you deducing from them? Thanks.

On a 'funny' note, this headphone has a similar response to what the Westone 3 looked, a few years ago, soon after it had come out and when the first Japanese graphs were coming out.

This seems to be a bit better in the midrange though! :P

Edited by Tony

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The TH900 might not be worth $2K but how about $1600?

Thread necro.  How about $1500 stock?

I respect Drew's opinions and views a lot.  In this video he put these at number 1 overall on his personal prefernce list ahead of both the Audeze LCD-3 at number 2 and Sennheiser 800s at number 3 respectively.  Naturally he takes the time to explain how and why he came to those conclusions.  It's a 16 minute video if you want to listen. I wasn't terribly familiar with Fostex until very recently and then this video kind of took me by surprise.  See what you all think.

Edited by Eric5676