New SinglePower Amp

tkam

thats the cutest little almost stackable setup I have seen! you need to get a really skinny rack and place the skinny trans/dac and the skinny sp amp on it!

I must admit this is the first SP thats really got me looking, I like the layout and the tubes used..different..

is that a different case or a standard sp case turned around?

While I've only had it for a day so far I can tell pretty easily that this is a special amp. It throws one of the largest soundstages I've ever heard (including many balanced amps). The great thing about it though, is that even with the large soundstage there is never any loss of cohesion or false sense of space. I'm also amazed at the dynamics this amp has, it can handle anything from the most delicate of female vocals to the loudest of rock and metal with ease. I think one of the hardest things for an amp to get right is both the leading and trailing edges of a note. Many amps are great at one or the other and a few are very good at both. But this amp is phenomenal at both, I've never heard an amp nail the splash of an initial cymbal hit and the trailing shimmer as well as this amp does. Again it's still quite early, but this amp does bass so well, I've never heard better.

Congrats on the new amp, it looks great!

And for the record I love that CD player - color me green with envy.

Haha thanks, the Opus 21 is a fantastic player. In stock form I think it's the best player available under $5k. In it's current modded form (reference level mods from GNSC) it's fair to say it competes with players in the 5 figure price range.

It cost enough ;). I've been doing quite a bit of tube rolling today just to try and get a handle on some of these tubes I've never heard before. A few combos have stood out so far:

Raytheon 6414 -> Chalmer CV181/ECC32 -> Raytheon 6528 - This combination just might be the perfect combination for the K1000. I've never heard the K1000 sound this good before.

GE5965 -> Sylvania 6bx7gt (2nd gain stage disabled) -> Tung-Sol 2399 - If your someone that puts a lot of focus and importance on soundstage then this might be the combo for you. Just a huge soundstage that stays amazingly cohesive.