Reconnecting Split microphone cable

edifier12

Hi forum, I've recently purchased a set of Sennheiser headphone with no microphone. As my intended use was for the pc, i've purchased a few cheap headphones with mic to try and mod a mic onto my headphone. Unfortunately everything was going great until I reached a point where i had to dismantle this metal part from the line of the microphone, which resulted in me cutting into the cord by accident, so now I've just decided to strip the cord completely trying to figure out how i can connect / solder it back together. (Will have to buy the soldering equipment)

Below I've attached an imagine of it all, this microphone was originally attached to the turtle beach XC1 xbox headphone. Now I'm not sure at all why the wires part closer to the microphone are separated as they are compare to the power closer to the in line controls where the copper is twisted around the white wires. I basically need to know how and which wires to connect back together to get it back into working condition. Thanks in advance

X0KEE.jpg