The official Head Case broadcast thread

Knuckledragger

Last night's show was a really good one in my estimation, marred by the fantastic equipment failure toward the end.  Dusty is right, I hexed it by tweeting "90 minutes in: finally hit 70 BPM."  I spend a couple hours today getting my Edirol UA-5 USB DAC/ADC to work with my Wintendo (ran the Vista driver installer in compatibility mode, boy THAT was one) so I could free up my M-Audio interface (which is even older, but class compliant) for future use with Mixlr.  I'm gonna hafta do do a test broadcast at some point before Friday, to make sure the gosh darn thin works as it should.  

• Like 1

One nice thing about mixlr -- once you start a showreel, it'll load until it caches the whole thing, so even if you lose internet later, you can still play that entire showreel.  I've taken to "cache-ing" several shows (I'm up to 6 or 7) and cycling through them for the entire week.

At least, on my desktop -- don't know how it works on the phone.

• Like 1

I was up until 3AM copying my data over to the new Macintop.  I went to bed when, after installing and registering Traktor, it refused to see my entire 3500 track record bag.  Tonight after, ahem, reading the instructions online (Native Instruments is a German company, after all) I'm more or less up speed.  I still have to test a bunch of things before I go live (and it's already 7:30 as of this writing, FML.)  It does look like this will be my first show from the new lappy.

• Like 2