The official Head Case broadcast thread

Knuckledragger

Two semi-related thoughts:

1. I was so tired this evening I fell asleep while working on my set ("gee knucks, either you're getting old that's the most boring AF set in the history of DJdom"

2. Klaus Schulze presents to me now the same problem he did 15-20 years ago: "Let me see which track I might use.  Hmm, this one is a bit long at 30 minutes.  Let me check CD2 ....it's one 50 minute track."

So last night's show got aborted 3/4 of the way in, due to the endless font of incompetence that is National Grid.  For my entire lifetime, they managed to let the power die in a trangular shaped chunk of land where my house sits but not on any of the neighboring areas.  Even when the power comes back on, often a tiny strip of land that includes where I live returns at a time later (sometimes measuring in days).  I will say this, the absolutely giant ass service trucks that Nation Grid deploy are visually quite impressive.  If I were a 4 year old (or, ahem, a nearly 50 year old with the emotional maturiy of a 4 year old) I'd be truly captivated by the sight of them.

As it stands, my tribute to Klaus Schulze went to sheiss and I'm not sure what to do.  I haven't uploaded the 3/4 fragment of the set.  Schulze songs tend to run just a wee bit long, and I made it a point to include music by other artists with similarly long works.  I can't exactly pick up where I left off next week.

This was the entire setlist:

Klaus Schulze - Floating

Cypher 7 - Ladder of Lights

Berlin Heritage - Phobos & Deimos

Klaus Schulze - Bayreuth Return

The power died in the middle of Berlin Heritge.

On 4/29/2022 at 2:57 AM, Knuckledragger said:

2. Klaus Schulze presents to me now the same problem he did 15-20 years ago: "Let me see which track I might use.  Hmm, this one is a bit long at 30 minutes.  Let me check CD2 ....it's one 50 minute track."

FFR, he has a couple tracks shorter than 28 minutes (admittedly, most are on the order of 28-30 minutes) worth spinning:

Stardancer (13:38)
Blanche (11:44)
Star Dancer II (14:10)
Moogetique (13:10)
Weird Caravan (5:05)
The Looper isn't a Hooker (8:17)

I mean, I'm sure there are others, those are just the ones I know off-hand, and consider worth checking out.  They vary from pure ambient, to "beaty".

And I was just telling someone elsewhere that I consider "Nowhere Now Here" the definitive Klaus Schulze track.  You could always fade it in just before it gets beaty, and start fading it out as soon as it climaxes (it's basically a long build and gets progressively rockier as the track progresses).  That would cut it down to maybe 20 minutes, I think.  🤣